how can i see what errors there are on adrive

comet424

ok ill wait after the 12TB drive is done preclearing  at 191 hours and it will finish just under 197hours..

so how did you read it went offline..  is the data errors it happened important data...   

so when I do a reboot and check cables do I run the tools diagnostic and post the zip file again?

It dropped offline before the current syslog starts, before Jul 24 04:40:02, there's no SMART for it and a big clue is the lack of temperature display on the main page, as well as the large number of errors.

Data on that disk needs to be checked.

If you had a parity disk the disk would have been disabled and show a red X.

oh ok  ya no parity disk yet..  I just doing   preclear of the Data and Parity disk.. 1 12TB drive will be Parity  and the other 12TB drive will be data.. gonna replace or keep that 1.5TB drive

and how do I check the data on Disk 3... is that what the scrub button is for...  still new  at all this  I just used to windows ntfs  

so ill make sure Parity drive gets installed  after it pre clears  

and will a check tell me what data got lost in that 800k of errors?

Just now, comet424 said:

and how do I check the data on Disk 3... is that what the scrub button is for...

If the disk comes online after checking the cables, first check SMART looks OK, if yes click on that disk on the main page and there will be a scrub button.

ok thanks and what does the scrub actually do..  I thought I haven't googled  that it erased  data  like  when I used to use Memory Scrubber  for windows to get more memory back in XP windows 98 days

guess ill get back to u guys in a few hours or so

thank you so much for the help so far

Archived