LAST CALL on the Unraid Summer Sale! 😎 ⌛ ×

Adding 2 drives with different results

Homerr

I just added two 3tb drives via replacing two older drives and have gotten a different result at the end.  Here's what I have done after watching Mike Fury and Spaceinvader One videos on the topic.

- Precleared both new Toshiba drives.

- power down, pull old 640gb Drive 6, used drop down to pick new sdj drive, array rebuilt in about 12 hours, got the 'Parity sync / Data rebuild finished (0 errors)' message

- power down, pull old 1tb Drive 5, used drop down to pick sdm drive, array rebuild in about 9.5 hours, got the 'Parity sync / Data rebuild finished (0 errors)' message

The second drive just finished overnight.  However, now with this latest 3tb Drive 5 I get this 'Unmountable: Unsupported partition layout' message.  There is a format checkbox at the bottom.

1)  Is my data okay?  The 9.5 hours must have rebuild the array on to to other drives.  (I still have the 1tb drive it replaced untouched.)

2)  What has happened with Disk 5?  Do I just tick the format box and presume all is well?

I'm also attaching the diagnostics file if needed.

1011715301_unraidunmountable.thumb.JPG.83ae0f4b0762ca717ac617ead57f2e3a.JPG

unraid-diagnostics-20180728-0523.zip

First time I see this, but it should be OK after a reboot:

Jul 27 14:34:27 unRAID root: Creating new GPT entries.
Jul 27 14:34:27 unRAID root: Warning: The kernel is still using the old partition table.
Jul 27 14:34:27 unRAID root: The new table will be used at the next reboot or after you
Jul 27 14:34:27 unRAID root: run partprobe(8) or kpartx(8)
Jul 27 14:34:27 unRAID root: The operation has completed successfully.

4 hours ago, Homerr said:

1)  Is my data okay?  The 9.5 hours must have rebuild the array on to to other drives.  (I still have the 1tb drive it replaced untouched.)

2)  What has happened with Disk 5?  Do I just tick the format box and presume all is well?

Glad you got it squared, but just for future reference, both of the statements above are wrong and if you had acted on them you would have lost data. Please ask before doing anything if you have any future problems.

Archived