hdd has 4.02 gb used but no files in it

francrouge

3 minutes ago, Squid said:

How did you try to transfer files. What exactly did you do?

Sent via Tapatalk because my laptop doesn't fit in my pocket

I tried to transfert files with unbalances plugin everything seem fine the transfert process etc. but no files in the hdd.

Just sticking my two cents in here.. I don't think that there being occupied space is an issue or an unBalance issue.

I have had this on every drive I use and I see the same values even before loading unBalance.
4TB -> 4.02GB used
3TB -> 3.04GB used

etc..

I've been happily shifting stuff off disks, seeing that still there and reformatting the disk into encrypted XFS anyway (which still shows that space as used).

My wildly uneducated guess is that it's just showing space occupied by the disk's file table as it seems to be relatively consistent based on the size of the disk

3 hours ago, francrouge said:

I tried to transfert files with unbalances plugin everything seem fine the transfert process etc. but no files in the hdd.

Out of curiosity, and because I've done it twice myself.. You didn't leave "Dry run" still checked when you meant to actually "do" the planned transfer?

On 7/29/2018 at 1:04 PM, Saldash said:

Out of curiosity, and because I've done it twice myself.. You didn't leave "Dry run" still checked when you meant to actually "do" the planned transfer?

I think maybe it was checked

If i check it is activated by default i can't unchecked it

Archived