Open up Teamspeak Server for my friends

Select25

Hello unRAID Community

I hope this here is the right section for my Question and my english is good enought to understand.

I'm using Unraid now for nearly 2 Month and it works verry well for me as a Plex Media Server and a Nextcloud Server. For these two tasks I'm using Docker Containers and now i want to set up a Teamspeak 3 Server for my friends and me. Now i downloaded another Docker witch is the Linuxserver.io Teamspeak 3 and setuped the Server like I need it. Here is where my Problem starts and thats the part of making this thing visible to my friends out there. It would be easy for me to give this thing an Port Forward in my FritzBox or use the MyFritz DNS but since I have already read very much about the Security thing in Unraid and Docker I'm verry confused what i should do here.

From my Point.

I'm behind a FritzBox 7430 in Stealth mode for making it harder to make Portscans from outside, also activated the NetBIOS Filter and the Teredo Filter.

The Teamspeak 3 Docker is running on my Server with a Custom IP that is differend from my Server.

I hope someone can help me out a little and maybe can show me a solution.

22 minutes ago, Select25 said:

It would be easy for me to give this thing an Port Forward in my FritzBox or use the MyFritz DNS

I think you already have the general idea, just confused yourself.  Port forward the ports and IP used by Teamspeak docker in your Fritzbox and make sure you changed the default passwords for Teamspeak server. Keep your unRAID server behind the firewall, but allow Teamspeak to be accessible.  

Ok sounds like a Plan and thanks for your Answer. I thought it could be possible that someone could exit the Teamspeak Docker and could enter my normal Unraid environment. How can i change the default passwords for the Teamspeak Server? Sorry for that maybe dumb question ^^

30 minutes ago, Select25 said:

I thought it could be possible that someone could exit the Teamspeak Docker and could enter my normal Unraid environment.

Nope. They're "container" or "packages" which encapsulate everything in an effort to sandbox your main (unraid) server.

• Like 1