Does my motherboard support NVME even if it doesn't specifically say so?

Can I use something like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6TB-Intel-DC-P3600-Series-SSDPEDME016T4-PCIe-3-0-MLC-SSD-100-Life/183327130640?epid=1440686492&hash=item2aaf260410%3Ag%3ApwYAAOSwKb1bS6EK&_sacat=0&_nkw=pcie+intel+dc&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC0.A0.H0.Xpcie+intel+d.TRS0 even if my motherboard doesn't specifically say so?  I do have spare PCIE 3.0 x4 slot.  Will I get to optimize the speed?  Is it supported in Unraid?

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by jang430

@johnnie.black, I'll throw in a follow-up question, I hope you can share your personal insights.  

If I did buy this, and used it as cache, how will it benefit my overall user experience when using unraid?  I imagine if I create a VM, and disk is using cache, I'll be able to experience the benefit (speed) of nvme?  What if I'm accessing this VM through RDP?  Will the network be slow enough that I won't be able to realize any benefit in speed of the nvme?

6 minutes ago, jang430 said:

I imagine if I create a VM, and disk is using cache, I'll be able to experience the benefit (speed) of nvme?

Yes

7 minutes ago, jang430 said:

What if I'm accessing this VM through RDP?  Will the network be slow enough that I won't be able to realize any benefit in speed of the nvme?

Not a problem, network is just used to show the desktop image, not to transfer data.