File Access Denied

I'm was moving some stuff around using disk shares because one of my disks was full from me swapping out SD files for HD.  Anyway, I got to one folder and ended up getting this message:

"You require permission from Unix User\daemon to make changes to this file".  I checked the permissions through Windows Explorer and it has the same permissions as my other files that I'm able to move.  I really don't care about the file and can download it again, but I can't even delete the file. 

I get an Access Denied message if I try and edit the permissions.

Thanks!

Denied.JPG.e65da7817fca57b2f91d0dfeb9f85122.JPG

34507499_Denied2.JPG.8d995022a79ced2db03c4cd38007b99b.JPG

Edited by Spyderturbo007

First, what version of Windows? 

Second, Try running Windows Explorer as 'Administrator'.  (Right click on Windows Explorer and select 'Run as Administrator')

Third, how are you logged into the  server?  You might want to read this:

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/25064-user-share-problem/?tab=comments#comment-228392

BE sure to read not only this post but the ones that follow it.  This might not be your issue but it is good reading in any case.

Your other option would be to install the Krusader Docker and do these types of moves using it.   Since you would be using it as 'root', all of the permission problems should be gone.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm bringing this back up because I'm still having problems.  I ignored the other file and moved on, but I tried to delete something today and am getting a "You require permission from Unix User\dameon to make changes to this file."

Is it possible this is an issue with SAB, Emby or Sonarr?  This is one of my TV shows.

I looked  for Docker Safe New Permissions under tools, but don't see anything.  There is a New Permissions under the unRAID OS section of Tools, but nothing about Docker Safe.

Edited by Spyderturbo007

I changed them ad turned on the "Set permissions", which was off.  Thank you.  Any thoughts on how to fix the ones that I can't edit?  I looked under the tools tab for "Docker Safe New Perms", but don't see that option.  There is a "New Permissions" under the unRAID OS section in Tools.  Is that the same thing?

chmod.thumb.JPG.6f4e80451d9594f10448ff33ea0bcd27.JPG

Permissions.thumb.JPG.f95437412b01e800b220c218a7cdc7b4.JPG

Edited by Spyderturbo007
3 minutes ago, Spyderturbo007 said:

tools tab for "Docker Safe New Perms", but don't see that option.

Its there if you have Fix Common Problems plugin installed

3 minutes ago, Spyderturbo007 said:

There is a "New Permissions" under the unRAID OS section in Tools.  Is that the same thing?

Mostly.  The difference is that the docker safe version will never let you run it against the appdata share.  If you use the "regular" version, select the appropriate share to run it on.