Linux Server Nextcloud Docker

After following Space Invaders excellent video tutorial on setting up the Linux Servers Nextcloud docker I now have a fully functional server.  I must say that it is really fantastic.  I do however have one question. I have the /data mapped to a specific share as recommended by Space Invader.  Rather than drag and dropping files into that share I'd ideally like to be able to mount an additional SMB share which is being constantly updated with some family research information that I'd like to be able to give people links to the various files. Nextcloud does have this function but it doesn't seem to be available in the docker.  I haven't been able to figure out how to install the SMB client. Has anyone had any success with this? 

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. 

Many thanks in advance. 

25 minutes ago, lafrance said:

After following Space Invaders excellent video tutorial on setting up the Linux Servers Nextcloud docker I now have a fully functional server.  I must say that it is really fantastic.  I do however have one question. I have the /data mapped to a specific share as recommended by Space Invader.  Rather than drag and dropping files into that share I'd ideally like to be able to mount an additional SMB share which is being constantly updated with some family research information that I'd like to be able to give people links to the various files. Nextcloud does have this function but it doesn't seem to be available in the docker.  I haven't been able to figure out how to install the SMB client. Has anyone had any success with this? 

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. 

Many thanks in advance. 

Post in either the dedicated support thread for Nextcloud or @gridrunner's thread rather than create a new thread in general support for something that hasn't got anything to do with Unraid.  Regardless the application you're looking for is called "External Devices" and you install it from within Nextcloud.

2 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Post in either the dedicated support thread for Nextcloud or @gridrunner's thread rather than create a new thread in general support for something that hasn't got anything to do with Unraid.  Regardless the application you're looking for is called "External Devices" and you install it from within Nextcloud.

Thanks for the reply. Apologies for dropping the post in the wrong support thread. I'll fix that when I get back to the office.  I do have the external devices app installed.  When I try to run run the app it just comes up with a message saying no permissions and no options to select any external sources. My user has admin permissions. 

26 minutes ago, lafrance said:

Thanks for the reply. Apologies for dropping the post in the wrong support thread. I'll fix that when I get back to the office.  I do have the external devices app installed.  When I try to run run the app it just comes up with a message saying no permissions and no options to select any external sources. My user has admin permissions. 

try adding an additional path to the nextcloud contain

ie conatainer path  /unraid   which is mapped to host path /mnt/user/share

then using the external device's app you can then choose a local path /unraid which will be mapped to that share.

On 8/10/2018 at 2:21 PM, gridrunner said:

try adding an additional path to the nextcloud contain

ie conatainer path  /unraid   which is mapped to host path /mnt/user/share

then using the external device's app you can then choose a local path /unraid which will be mapped to that share.

Dear Gridrunner - I've just got back to the office and your suggestion works brilliantly.  Many thanks indeed for your suggestion it is exactly what I've been trying to achieve with Nextcloud.  

On 8/12/2018 at 10:09 PM, Medikherb said:

I tried to set next cloud up using his video as well and it would never launch. I am going to try again in a day or three.

Hi Medikherb - its worth trying to get this to work.  Now I have it all running it has marvelous utility.  When I followed the video I couldn't launch Nextcloud either.  I rechecked the domain settings via my DNS service and everything was fine.  I use DynDNS rather than DuckDNS.  My fix was to delete the path for /data and add the path again as new /data to /mnt/myfiles/nextcloud (I'd set up a share called nextcloud).  Once I restarted the docker everything was fine.  Hope this helps.

On 8/14/2018 at 5:22 AM, lafrance said:

Hi Medikherb - its worth trying to get this to work.  Now I have it all running it has marvelous utility.  When I followed the video I couldn't launch Nextcloud either.  I rechecked the domain settings via my DNS service and everything was fine.  I use DynDNS rather than DuckDNS.  My fix was to delete the path for /data and add the path again as new /data to /mnt/myfiles/nextcloud (I'd set up a share called nextcloud).  Once I restarted the docker everything was fine.  Hope this helps.

I am working on it albeit at a snails pace with family functions work etc. Thanks for the tidbit, i will keep that in mind when i get a chance to work on it again. Cheers!