Share issues

18 minutes ago, John_M said:

My advice: get a Dell Perc H310 from ebay. The ones pulled from servers are very good. You'll need to cross flash it but that thread has all the information.

I ordered one. Only 5 euros more. Will keep y'all posted. 

#Edit: I just took the pocket raid card and now the speed is back. Parity check will only take 1 hour. Will the card be garantied to work on let's say FreeNAS? Or is the hardware coding behind that os the same as unRAID? 

Edited by lachiu
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2018 at 9:15 PM, lachiu said:

I ordered one. Only 5 euros more. Will keep y'all posted. 

#Edit: I just took the pocket raid card and now the speed is back. Parity check will only take 1 hour. Will the card be garantied to work on let's say FreeNAS? Or is the hardware coding behind that os the same as unRAID? 

So I've been trying to update the firmware with LSI Pre-Boot USB. Somehow, my Z170A Pro from MSI won't boot using those files. 

I found this article that said to do "-CfgEachDskRaid0 -aAll". I did that and the drivers are now showing up.
Idc about the data really, unRAID is telling me that the biggest drive is supposed to be the parity drive... While it used to be like this.. 

image.png.dd3d82c4db0becdaff77471190479184.png

My man, I think I've been clear enough with my information so you could have figured that I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I can't find the name of the card on the post you've provided. 

That lack of you wanting to help me out is starting to frustrate me more than it should. If I was an expert I wouldn't be asking questions here, would I? 

2 minutes ago, lachiu said:

That lack of you wanting to help me out is starting to frustrate me more than it should. If I was an expert I wouldn't be asking questions here, would I? 

Please be aware that almost everyone you will interact with on this forum are unpaid volunteers, fellow unRAID users like yourself.

2 minutes ago, lachiu said:

Scroll up for the diagnostics file, they're all 1 TB drives as you can see in the screenshot I've provided. 

I wanted a new screenshot and diagnostics so I could see the details of the changes that led to it thinking parity is too small. The diagnostics you posted earlier don't even show any hard drives.

If you want help please cooperate.

6 minutes ago, trurl said:

Please be aware that almost everyone you will interact with on this forum are unpaid volunteers, fellow unRAID users like yourself.

I wanted a new screenshot and diagnostics so I could see the details of the changes that led to it thinking parity is too small. The diagnostics you posted earlier don't even show any hard drives.

If you want help please cooperate.

I obviously want you guys to help me otherwise I wouldn't be here, but saying you should have bought this one (even tho I did, only wanting to play with this one and see if it worked or not since it already came in). I'll upload it in a sec. 

12 minutes ago, lachiu said:

That lack of you wanting to help me out is starting to frustrate me more than it should.

You're completely wrong about that. I've tried very hard to help you and despite your comment I haven't given up yet. It was your choice to ignore my advice. The Dell H310 that I recommended is very easy to cross flash to LSI IT mode. You told me you had bought one but actually bought a MegaRAID instead. That too can be cross flashed - you just have to follow the appropriate instructions, here.

25 minutes ago, trurl said:

I'll just tag @johnnie.black to see if he has anything to add to this.

Like @John_Mmentioned the controller needs to be flashed to IT mode, but note that it won't support >2TB disks, as to how to flash it you'll need to follow the instruction s on the other thread, or use google, flashing is not unRAID related directly, it's usually done with a DOS boot flashdrive

11 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Like @John_Mmentioned the controller needs to be flashed to IT mode, but note that it won't support >2TB disks, as to how to flash it you'll need to follow the instruction s on the other thread, or use google, flashing is not unRAID related directly, it's usually done with a DOS boot flashdrive

I read the first post, thing is I can't get the MSI Z170A Pro to boot with the usb stick that got the official firmware on it. So idk what to do now. 

8 minutes ago, Squid said:

Did you set up the stick with Rufus or something similar, or just simply copy the firmware and flashing files onto it?

I use rufus for windows iso, yeah. After reading and googling a few things I came across this and installed it on the flash drive as stated. 

Now I've been asking a few times what to do with the thread posted by John, there are zip files for windows and unraid while the first post states that you have to do it on windows so I'm confused now.