Share issues

unRAID must format any disk it will use as cache or in the array. People often mount disks from other systems using Unassigned Devices in order to copy that data to their unRAID array, but I don't think Unassigned Devices will mount ZFS either.

If you want to keep that data you cannot use those disks in unRAID until you copy the data somewhere.

I guess it's a good thing that you haven't succeeded in creating an array with those disks yet.

• 3 weeks later...

The Dell H310 came in today, haven't got the chance yet to test it out since I've got no spare drives left. 

Another issue I've been struggeling with is finding a automated back up solution to back multiple systems up to the NAS/Documents.
I've tested AllwaySync, FreeFileSync and RealTimeSync but can't seem to get them working. 

AllwaySync decided to start asking for a pro license due to too much files on my main rig, my dad's been using it fine tho but he never shuts the office pc off so I'd much rather get a solution to back up whenever a file's changed. 

I tried using RTS on my main rig but it seemed to cause stutters in some games while automated back up (due to changing save files?) and was, frankly, pretty hard to setup for me. 

• 3 weeks later...