VM .IMG HDD Using space - Locked at 80GB

Hi All.

Tried looking around and couldn't seem to find anyone with the same issue as me.

Got an 80Ish GB .IMG Virtual Disk. but for whatever reason. it seems to use more Disk Space than what it currently has Assigned to it. if that makes any sense?

i have attached a Print Screen as for whatever reason. it seems to keep using space with no clear reason to how or why? could someone lend a hand and drop ideas by to why?

It will simply sit there and use the remaining 26.2GB and still show a VHD IMG Disk size of 83.XGB.... Nothing else is using this SSD!

*This will happily use ALL Remaining Disk Space but show a .img of 83GB and then Freeze/Pause the Box* - See Attachment showing space 5 Minutes after. (Also see New image showing space a few hours later into the evening. again, calculation only shows 80GB Used for VM Disk.)

Thanks ever so much.

80GB IMG.JPG

80GB IMG DISK.JPG

80GB IMG DISK - 5MIN.JPG

80GB IMG DISK - IN VM.JPG

VM Size Evening.JPG

Edited by Stan464
Added Evening Image
  • 3 years later...
On 8/24/2018 at 10:25 AM, Stan464 said:

***RESOLVED***

Hey

I have a similar problem i have a vm img that is configured to be 130GB but it is taking 184GB on disk.

Also my ssd is set to BTRFS is changing to NTFS and coping bak the img shrink it or you did any thing else?

1 hour ago, eshchar said:

Hey

I have a similar problem i have a vm img that is configured to be 130GB but it is taking 184GB on disk.

Also my ssd is set to BTRFS is changing to NTFS and coping bak the img shrink it or you did any thing else?

Hi.

Once i Wiped the Drive and made it NTFS (or even XFS) and copied the vDisk Back over to it. i have had no issues since i made that post 4 years ago.

Disk was copied untouched and no other changes.

Hope this helps.