LAST CALL on the Unraid Summer Sale! 😎 ⌛ ×

Will Unraid Do The Trick?

TyTux

Just trying to get a little clarification before I go along and try/buy Unraid.

On this page, it says that I can do IGD Passthrough with my Haswell i7-4790k, while on this page, it states that IGD passthrough is not possible whatsoever.

I have a GTX 970 and a i7-4790k and was hoping that I could have graphics from the GTX 970, with the Intel IGD being passthrough card.

Can this work?

3 minutes ago, ashman70 said:

I am not 100% sure on this but I don't believe you can pass through the IGD and a 970 at the same time to the same VM, certainly the 970 will work. Hopefully someone with more VM experience will answer to this.

That's why I was confused about the first article I linked above. It says that Haswell and Broadwell IGD only can passthrough, but everywhere else i've been reading has just said NO. So I'm just wanting to figure out what's truth.

1 hour ago, TyTux said:

That's why I was confused about the first article I linked above. It says that Haswell and Broadwell IGD only can passthrough, but everywhere else i've been reading has just said NO. So I'm just wanting to figure out what's truth.

First I don't have your answer explicitly, so my apologies if I'm not helping.  I'd interpret the forum page as updated information, and the second link is older/not updated for all edge cases. 

Don't forget there is a 30-day trial period where you don't have to buy unRAID.

Archived