[SOLD] [FS-US] NEW -- IO Crest SI-PEX40062 4 Port SATA III PCIe 2.0 x2 Controller Card

Sorry to be a killjoy, but unRAID and Marvell chipset-based controllers don't get along lately.  That card in particular and others based on the same Marvell chipset are known to not work with unRAID.  Have you had it working in an unRAID system?

See here:

Perhaps someone would still be interested for a non-unRAID use.

Edited by Hoopster
On 8/22/2018 at 12:23 AM, Hoopster said:

Sorry to be a killjoy, but unRAID and Marvell chipset-based controllers don't get along lately.  That card in particular and others based on the same Marvell chipset are known to not work with unRAID.  Have you had it working in an unRAID system?

See here:

Perhaps someone would still be interested for a non-unRAID use.

I have two of these.  One of them has been working great in my unRAID server for months.  I got it because I wanted SATA 3 for my SSD cache.  No problems.  And TRIM works also.  I wouldn't be selling it here if it didn't work in unRAID.

It also works in FreeNAS.

Edited by _0m0t3ur
5 minutes ago, DoItMyselfToo said:

I have two of these.  One of them has been working great in my unRAID server for months.  I got it because I wanted USB 3 for my SSD cache.  No problems.  And TRIM works also.  I wouldn't be selling it here if it didn't work in unRAID. 

It also works in FreeNAS.

Good to know and answers the question of unRAID compatibility for any interested parties.

Marvell chipset-based controllers are very hit-and-miss and often drop drives with unRAID 6.  I was concerned since that card and chipset were specifically mentioned in other threads as not playing well with unRAID.  Not every Marvell-based controller is guaranteed to not work.  Glad to see that this specific card works with unRAID.

• _0m0t3ur changed the title to [SOLD] [FS-US] NEW -- IO Crest SI-PEX40062 4 Port SATA III PCIe 2.0 x2 Controller Card