Change appearance/black out main unRAID console (6.5.3)?

I've been an unRAID user for about 8 months or so and I'm loving it so far. I would say my only (totally minor) gripe is related to the main onboard console. While I run it headless most of the time and use the web interface, I have the VGA coming off of my server hooked up to one of my monitors that I primarily use the DVI port on for my daily driver desktop. It is nice to occasionally plop down in right in front of the main console and make changes directly rather than SSH'ing in or using the web terminal, maybe I'm weird this way. But for whatever reason its appearance doesn't seem to be consistent with every boot (usually in terms of the resolution used, and very rarely it's totally red in appearance). Also, if I accidentally leave this monitor on, the monitor will stay on perpetually with the console text instead of going to sleep at some point, I get why and it's more my fault than anything. So my question is twofold:

1) Is it possible to change some config file somewhere to change the appearance of the console so that it has consistent colors/resolution on every boot? (this is what I'm really interested in)

2) Is it possible to have the screen blank out on the console if there hasn't been any activity in X minutes (like a screensaver)? I'm doubting this one is possible because it's just a console not a GUI, but maybe someone has a magic solution for this out there somewhere.

Thanks in advance!