[Support] dyonr - jackettvpn

Welcome to my very first Docker Container that I've ever created. jackettvpn. A fork of MarkusMcNugen's qBittorrentvpn.

566565083_jackettvpn-icon-small.png.9954c2e7aebc2fdff0de2edc56505ecb.png

Overview: Docker container which runs the latest headless Jackett Server while connecting to WireGuard (Experimental) or OpenVPN with iptables killswitch to prevent IP leakage when the tunnel goes down. This project is a revamped version of MarkusMcNugen's qBittorrentvpn.

Reason: I put this container together because I couldn't find a Jackett Docker that supported WireGuard or OpenVPN, just like qBittorrentvpn does. Some internet service provides over the world have blocked access to certain torrent websites, which makes Jackett unable to query them. Jackett natively does support a proxy, but not everyone has access to a proxy. A VPN is more common than a proxy.

Base: Ubuntu 18.04

Automated Build: Yes

Application: https://github.com/Jackett/Jackett

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/dyonr/jackettvpn/

GitHub: https://github.com/DyonR/docker-jackettvpn

Edited by Dyon
Added WireGuard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Nord said:

Jackett natively does support a proxy, but not everyone has access to a proxy. A VPN is more common than a proxy.

Not discounting your project, but just be aware that if you are using one of @binhex's VPN enabled dockers, of which I'm pretty sure the qBittorent docker that you forked was originally forked from, you already HAVE a proxy(privoxy) baked into the VPN enabled docker. You just have to enable it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jonathanm said:

Not discounting your project, but just be aware that if you are using one of @binhex's VPN enabled dockers, of which I'm pretty sure the qBittorent docker that you forked was originally forked from, you already HAVE a proxy(privoxy) baked into the VPN enabled docker. You just have to enable it.

Thanks for your reply! ?

I don't think that the project I forked was based on a Binhex docker. I also didn't find any references to Privoxy in the project I forked either.

The only binhex's thing that I could find in my project is 'openvpn/start.sh'

For me personally it was easier to create a docker that uses OpenVPN since I never used privoxy, or docker, before. "translating/restructuring" the project I forked from qBittorrent to Jackett was do-able for me, since I had no experience with Docker also. Besides that, I also don't want to create containers that need to depend on others containers.

For example; If I had a jackett+privoxy+openvpn, and entered the proxy in 5 other containers, if my jackett+privoxy+openvpn gets taken offline, none of my other containers would have access to the internet.

And my experiences with using proxies aren't that good either. But of course, you could use a standard Jackett and enter a proxy/privoxy server address. I just perfer using a separate OpenVPN client for all my containers.

Edited by Nord
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 8/25/2018 at 3:24 PM, jonathanm said:

@jonathanm could you point me to directions on how to do this? I have binhex's Deluge with VPN working, and I am looking at this option, but yes it does tie up another connection. How can I configure a regular "Jackett" container to use the OpenVPN connection in the Deluge container?

23 minutes ago, LumberJackGeek said:

@jonathanm could you point me to directions on how to do this? I have binhex's Deluge with VPN working, and I am looking at this option, but yes it does tie up another connection. How can I configure a regular "Jackett" container to use the OpenVPN connection in the Deluge container?

I don't use jackett, but a quick google leads me to believe there is a setting in the GUI for a http proxy entry.

1 hour ago, LumberJackGeek said:

So I would just set the Deluge container as the proxy? Completely new to the whole "docker" concept.

No, set the http proxy field in jackett to the IP address of the delugevpn container (typically the IP of your Unraid) along with the port defined in the delugevpn privoxy field, typically 8118. Like 192.168.1.10:8118

10 minutes ago, LumberJackGeek said:

Thanks! Do I need to put in my VPN username/password into the username/password field in Jackett, or just leave it blank?

No, you need to disable the VPN portion of jackett altogether, as the privoxy part of delugevpn will be handling everything. To ensure it's working, stop the delugevpn container and make sure jackett can no longer connect.

• 3 months later...

Container just starts and stops. I have an ovpn file from AirVPN in the config folder. Just keep getting the below over and over again. It starts, adds the following to the log, then stops.

2019-09-17 20:32:18.190676 [info] VPN_ENABLED defined as 'yes'
2019-09-17 20:32:18.243328 [info] OpenVPN config file (ovpn extension) is located at /config/openvpn/AirVPN_All-servers_TCP-443.ovpn
2019-09-17 20:32:18.243328 [info] OpenVPN config file (ovpn extension) is located at /config/openvpn/AirVPN_All-servers_TCP-443.ovpn

On 9/17/2019 at 10:35 PM, TristBella said:

Container just starts and stops. I have an ovpn file from AirVPN in the config folder. Just keep getting the below over and over again. It starts, adds the following to the log, then stops.

Hello, sorry for the late reply, but I didn't get a notification that someone did reply on here.

Do you still have this issue? If so, I can get an AirVPN trial and look in what the problem may be.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, OFark said:

What's with the twice daily updates?

If a new version of Jackett gets released, a new Docker gets build.

Edit: you don't need to update when a new version gets released. But if you don't it is possible that some of the trackers/websites you use in Jackett won't work. 

16 hours ago, guythnick said:

Since the update from 3/9, my docker container is just sitting on 'Starting OpenVPN...' in the log.  If I disable openvpn in the docker settings, the app starts normally.  But, it seems something was broken in a recent update. Anyone else having this issue?

That's pretty weird. It still should work fine. I'll look at this in a few moments.

Edited by Nord
21 hours ago, guythnick said:

Since the update from 3/9, my docker container is just sitting on 'Starting OpenVPN...' in the log.  If I disable openvpn in the docker settings, the app starts normally.  But, it seems something was broken in a recent update. Anyone else having this issue?

I haven't had report of users yet. Have you already tried to remove the Docker, appdata and completely re-install jackettvpn?

It's hard for me to troubleshoot an issue that only one user so far reported.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, wdaniel52601 said:

The update you did today seems to have broken it, nothing can connect now. There is nothing in logs that indicates any issues. All I get is this when I hit test on an indexer 

image.png.82fd2048cc3a8535eeea201c138db812.png

The last update from 3 hours ago should've fixed it. The creators of Jackett accidentally removed a line in their program:

https://github.com/Jackett/Jackett/releases/tag/v0.14.299

Please update your Docker in unraid to fix it :)

Edited by Nord
7 minutes ago, pepsidrinker916 said:

How do I fix this? Jackett isn't working for me rightnow. 😞 I am using linuxserver/jackett version. Thank you.

I do not maintain linuxserver/jackett, however, you can try force updating the container by selecting advanced view in the top right in the Docker tab of unRAID. Then it will show you more information about all containers, including a Force Update button next to the container.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for creating this container for unraid.

I just installed this and configured the VPN and when i try to load the web interface it will not show up and eventually it will error out.

i checked the logs and the vpn is connected just fine, jacket is also working fine as per the log, its just the web interface that doesnt work.

i then disabled the vpn in the container and the web load works just fine.

is there anything that you can do to help me?

looks like the firewall rules for my lan are not working, anyone knows how to fix this?

2020-04-24 11:41:33.466593 [info] WebUI port defined as
2020-04-24 11:41:33.492464 [info] Adding 192.168.2.0/24 as route via docker eth0
Error: Nexthop has invalid gateway.
2020-04-24 11:41:33.516191 [info] ip route defined as follows...
--------------------
default via 10.10.6.21 dev tun0
10.10.6.1 via 10.10.6.21 dev tun0
10.10.6.21 dev tun0 proto kernel scope link src 10.10.6.22
172.17.0.0/16 dev eth0 proto kernel scope link src 172.17.0.11
199.127.62.98 via 172.17.0.1 dev eth0
--------------------
iptable_mangle 16384 3
ip_tables 24576 7 iptable_filter,iptable_nat,iptable_mangle
2020-04-24 11:41:33.541462 [info] iptable_mangle support detected, adding fwmark for tables
2020-04-24 11:41:33.576618 [info] Docker network defined as 172.17.0.0/16
2020-04-24 11:41:33.622342 [info] iptables defined as follows...
--------------------
-P INPUT DROP
-P FORWARD ACCEPT
-P OUTPUT DROP
-A INPUT -i tun0 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 172.17.0.0/16 -d 172.17.0.0/16 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p udp -m udp --sport 8888 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 9117 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 9117 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type 0 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o tun0 -j ACCEPT