Help with CPU Pairs

Sharpmonk

Hi, i need a sanity check please haha

i am running Dual L6540s 6cores 12threas so 24 in total but i am missing pairs or its just being displayed differently.

Below is some screenshops from unraid 

612096944_Screenshot(4).thumb.png.9a41b3fd8db0760f398b9588e60c74e8.png407767358_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.e39c9bf82f65146c3be75ccf68af2a0f.png

24,25,26,27 have no usage stats.

anyone know why it hasn't used 12,13,14,15 instead or is everything OK

maybe i should do some cpu tests on a VM to see whats actually being used.

upon creating a VM you can see it is showing 12,13,14,15 but not the correct pairs and wont allow me to asign them

Thanks for any help

Chris

Screenshot (5).png

Also consider ditching the p410i and get a real hba. That way you can move xfs formatted disks to any desktop to retrieve data without having to deal with the extra layer of raid you’ve created with the logical volumes. You’ll also get more accurate disk stats/smart reporting as well.

HI,

Thanks for the reply. I do plan on ditching the p410i do you have any recommendations for this model for a raid card ?

6.3.5 ok i do need to upgrade..

EDIT i have upgraded and this has fixed the issue :) Thank you so much cant belive i didnt notice that 

55 minutes ago, Sharpmonk said:

HI,

Thanks for the reply. I do plan on ditching the p410i do you have any recommendations for this model for a raid card ?

6.3.5 ok i do need to upgrade..

EDIT i have upgraded and this has fixed the issue :) Thank you so much cant belive i didnt notice that 

I use h220's because they are cheap, but any supported hba should work (especially LSI ones) There is a list of hardware that works here: http://lime-technology.com/wiki/Hardware_Compatibility

Also check out the link in my sig for other known proliant/hp issues and resolutions. It could save you some time/headaches in the future.

Archived