Welcome to Unraid.net

jonp

@jonp You do know that having a 6.6 screenshot (I assume that is what it is) on the main product page is going to cause new users who download a trial of UNRAID to wonder why their GUI does not look like that?

I do realize what "Soon" means, but, now you have existing users salivating and new users potentially confused. 

<TIC mode>

Save yourself some grief, give the people what they want, and, do it "Soon"!

</TIC mode>  😀

[mention=62528]jonp[/mention] You do know that having a 6.6 screenshot (I assume that is what it is) on the main product page is going to cause new users who download a trial of UNRAID to wonder why their GUI does not look like that?

I do realize what "Soon" means, but, now you have existing users salivating and new users potentially confused. 

Save yourself some grief, give the people what they want, and, do it "Soon"!
mode> 
Do you really think we'd throw a screenshot like that up there if we didn't intend on getting 6.6 out Soon™?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

You do know that having a 6.6 screenshot (I assume that is what it is) on the main product page is going to cause new users who download a trial of UNRAID to wonder why their GUI does not look like that?

I'll tease you a hair more.  Any one look at the OP for CA recently?

Edited by Squid
  • Like 2
Do you really think we'd throw a screenshot like that up there if we didn't intend on getting 6.6 out Soon™?

Well some of us do have some long memories...

Although, if you look at the past year, you guys are kicking butt and taking names! I have thought multiple times recently, “dang it, I just updated and there’s another update!!”
7 hours ago, archedraft said:

Well some of us do have some long memories... emoji16.png

Although, if you look at the past year, you guys are kicking butt and taking names! I have thought multiple times recently, “dang it, I just updated and there’s another update!!”

Yes, the update speed have been way higher the last year. And lots of the changes have been very useful for a larger group of users.

19 minutes ago, limetech said:

You could use 'Inspect' feature of Chrome to see the css and make real-time changes.  If you hit on something dramatic, please post back findings.

I had a look and Inspect reveals a lot of interesting stuff but it's much more complicated than any of the web pages I've ever created by typing and editing HTML by hand. There's a mass of code needed to create a dynamic web page and I understand <em>very little</em> of it. I'll have a play though and report back if I find anything.

I visited the Typekit site to see if the Nudista family was available to purchase in TrueType or OpenType formats and was surprised to see the samples there rendered so well. It is available for purchase, from here, but the whole family of five weights in both Roman and Italic costs about the same as two unRAID Pro licences, so I'll pass on that.

Doesn't render properly in IE11 - lots of text overspill/overlap.

Particularly a problem on e.g. the Downloads page - the actual downloadable file links don't even render at the bottom of the page, unfortunately!! (ZIP files for the stable releases)

Have to use Edge to see/click them.

53 minutes ago, magic144 said:

Particularly a problem on e.g. the Downloads page - the actual downloadable file links don't even render at the bottom of the page, unfortunately!! (ZIP files for the stable releases)

Have to use Edge to see/click them.

IE 11 isn't a supported browser anymore.

1 hour ago, magic144 said:

The way you fix that is:

1. close the browser tab

2. make sure you exit out of IE completly

3. go to programs/un-install and remove IE

4. realize you didn't download another web browser first and now can't access the web

5. power down computer

6. throw it in the trash

7. go buy something that doesn't ship with IE

• Upvote 1

IE11 humour. Oh yes.

I guess it's going to have to be yet another site to browse with Edge then.
I'm not going to install 27 browsers on my desktop just to render different sites on the web.
Chrome's tentacles will never infest this PC either. Don't get me started on Chrome's "uninstaller".

2 minutes ago, magic144 said:

IE11 humour. Oh yes.

I guess it's going to have to be yet another site to browse with Edge then.
I'm not going to install 27 browsers on my desktop just to render different sites on the web.
Chrome's tentacles will never infest this PC either. Don't get me started on Chrome's "uninstaller".

Why aren't u running a VM on unraid with JUST chrome installed on it?

Fully utilize unraid's POWER!

• Like 2

Anyway, don't want to sidetrack this thread with browser factions! I was merely filing an observation. As u were, people.

Next thing you know, it'll be vi vs emacs and tabs vs spaces. Argghhhhh.

Unraid is great. Site is great. Long may it continue to flourish.

Edited by magic144
Anyway, don't want to sidetrack this thread with browser factions! I was merely filing an observation. As u were, people.

Next thing you know, it'll be vi vs emacs and tabs vs spaces. Argghhhhh.

Unraid is great. Site is great. Long may it continue to flourish.
Lol! I feel a little bad for poking fun at your use of IE 11. I know from personal experience how hard it is to let go of traditional solutions that have worked solid for years. The hard truth is that browser compatibility is always a struggle, and it's difficult enough to worry about all the supported browsers nowadays. We just don't have the bandwidth to also focus on the non-supported ones.

Thanks for the kind words about the site!!

• Like 1

I stumbled across the new forum site on my Android tablet using Chrome, and had to log in, but of course had forgotten my password. So I tried to recover the password and found that I had also forgotten the email I signed up with. The frustrating problem is that there's a screen that allows you to enter a new email address, but a) the text is unreadable because it seems to be white on white and b) it seems - if I squint very hard, that the letters entered are randomly added to the text box.

Now on retrying this morning, the text is a not much better very light grey on light pink, and squinting shows that the text entry seems to be OK.

(I'm on the forum now because fortunately Chrome on my PC remembered the password.)