Welcome to Unraid.net

jonp

50 minutes ago, thehacker said:

fianlly why .net not .com?

In case it is not obvious -  as is usually the case, someone is squatting on the unraid.com domain in order to "extort" payment to put it to legitimate use.  The current owner of the domain is not using it, he just wants Limetech to pay him for it.

Lots of desirable commercial domain names have been purchased by people who have no intention of using them, they just want to make money selling them to those who want them.

On 11/9/2018 at 10:51 PM, limetech said:

Of course we "care" man, but everyone has different ideas about what is the best things to add, or fix, and in meantime, we have to keep the doors open.  But suggestions are welcome and sorry if we don't reply, doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't seen or added to the list.

ok. it looks nice and more modern. also to ask any chance of wifi support. it sounds odd but main reason is beacuse of the rented accomidation im staying at has no ethernet ports and there is no wps push on the router, so i cant use a ethernet to wifi adapter. i have tried bridging using my wifi on the laptop but its very slow and unreliable. its funny how theres other things like flexraid and other things with raid in the name. seams to me like some people set up a burgerking nextdoor to a burgerking, and calling themselfs, burgerking finally, is it just 1 developer, who develops unraid?

3 minutes ago, thehacker said:

ok. it looks nice and more modern. also to ask any chance of wifi support. it sounds odd but main reason is beacuse of the rented accomidation im staying at has no ethernet ports and there is no wps push on the router, so i cant use a ethernet to wifi adapter. i have tried bridging using my wifi on the laptop but its very slow and unreliable. its funny how theres other things like flexraid and other things with raid in the name. seams to me like some people set up a burgerking nextdoor to a burgerking, and calling themselfs, burgerking finally, is it just 1 developer, who develops unraid?

There's a place to post such feature requests.

4 hours ago, thehacker said:

there is no wps push on the router, so i cant use a ethernet to wifi adapter.

Many adapters can be set up with a web browser, no need for WPS.

Here is a cheap one. https://www.tp-link.com/us/products/details/cat-5508_TL-WA850RE.html#overview

Adding native wifi support to unraid is a pretty massive undertaking, not likely to happen quickly. I recommend resolving the issue another way while you wait.

3 hours ago, thehacker said:

Funny I have this back at my other place and that is set up using wps push. Like I said that's not a option.

That specific model can be set up using 3 different methods. You can use WPS, but it also can be set up by logging in to its built in web interface, or you can use an app on a phone. WPS is NOT necessary. MOST wifi ethernet adapters have web setup, in fact I'm having a hard time finding ANY that require WPS.

• Upvote 2