Welcome to Unraid.net

jonp

1 hour ago, bonienl said:

The font 'nudista' which is used here, has quite heavy characters. On my monitor there is a very sharp white/dark contrast between text and background.

Everything is well readable. Perhaps adjusting your monitor settings helps?

I am having no problem reading the web site. What someone posted above about dark grey in posts, I am able to read as well.

Looks good, though I'm not a great fan of the Nudista font.

I'm finding the font size a little large, TBH. I have Stylus installed, but it's quite a fiddle to knock the sizes down in every style where it's been set. Using the browser zoom out obviously reduces the size of images as well.

Is there any chance of a "reduce text size" preference at some point in the future?

6 hours ago, John_M said:

I agree. Black text on white is much less of a strain. I use the white themed unRAID GUI for that very reason.

That depends on mood, time of day and ambient light conditions. A reason why most sites offers at least one light and one dark theme. This updated forum needs a light theme - it isn't nice to have half of one monitor pitch black and the other screen estate using white background. That gives a rather big clash.

I still can't download attachments.   I was trying to download a Diagnostics file to see if I might be able to help with a problem in this thread:

I then looked for an found another thread with a Downloadable file and still got the problem.  Here is a link to the error message page:

https://lime-technology.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=44984

Capture.thumb.JPG.b39f10e0027a6def5f0dc9d1d4c8c3ca.JPG

The new website design is nice, however there are few places where QA was skimped...

For one, the <head> tag is opened and closed twice, there's a bunch of <a> tags with a target attribute with no value but an assignment character (which is invalid markup). Also, the Users Testimonials sections of the product pages is broken on Firefox. The headers shows up behind the text.

Edited by FineWolf
2 hours ago, GHunter said:

Also, the "Bug Reports" forum returns a 404 error. https://unraid.net/bug-reports

Yes. I'm seeing that too.

2 hours ago, pwm said:

That depends on mood, time of day and ambient light conditions. A reason why most sites offers at least one light and one dark theme. This updated forum needs a light theme - it isn't nice to have half of one monitor pitch black and the other screen estate using white background. That gives a rather big clash.

I've turned up the backlight of my monitor to better see this site and now white-themed pages are too bright. I wonder if the users who are gushing with praise have their backlights set to the factory default 100%. The font is truly awful. The glyphs have a large x-height but have thin strokes and very little space between them, made worse by excessive kerning in words such as AWAY. I know that serif fonts are unfashionable at the moment but they are so much more legible. But don't mind me, I'm a dinosaur.

I think one part of the problem is that people now browse on a wide variety of devices with a wide range of resolutions, and with the number of pixels per millimetre (or, since we're talking about text, I should say per em) varying widely. What suits one may not work so well on another. I grabbed a small section of my display to illustrate what I mean. The two 'i's and 'l's in millimetre are really quite blurry: 

1748412131_ScreenShot2018-08-29at12_58_39.png.2f0ab9fffbc8536e2f231fd8274eaa49.png

I'll shut up now - apologies for raining on your parade, @jonp.

I guess the dark theme non-sense is here to stay. But we definitely could use a light theme still. My eyes hurt more staring into bright symbols over a dark background, than staring into a dark symbols over light background.

Must be all the books and e-ink displays I stare into a lot talking :D

11 minutes ago, ken-ji said:

I guess the dark theme non-sense is here to stay. But we definitely could use a light theme still. My eyes hurt more staring into bright symbols over a dark background, than staring into a dark symbols over light background.

Must be all the books and e-ink displays I stare into a lot talking :D

white on black seems new but it is really, really old, like what we had when everything was command line only.