Windows VM black screen after launch

scufless

I recently installed 1070ti for dedicated passthrough to my gaming vm.  Now that I passed it through, I get a black screen everytime I start the VM.  So far I tried downloading the rom but I can't edit the vm XML (it wont show after clicking on it),  tried changing the BIOS from OVMF to seabios but its locked so I can't change it.  Any ideas.  I bit off more than I can chew with the gaming vm idea so it would be nice to catch a break. Thank you for your help.

0f2c7ae12feb8f9f112eeef8c1db9c6c.png

I am also having a similar issue.

I am running a ryzen 1600x on an asus b350-f strix. I followed Spaceinvader One's tutorial on how to pass through an nvidia gpu as the only card in the server.

I am able to boot the vm and use windows, but my GPU does not show. And I get an error from QEMU saying it was unable to pass my GPU BIOS.

1 hour ago, SG96 said:

I am also having a similar issue.

I am running a ryzen 1600x on an asus b350-f strix. I followed Spaceinvader One's tutorial on how to pass through an nvidia gpu as the only card in the server.

I am able to boot the vm and use windows, but my GPU does not show. And I get an error from QEMU saying it was unable to pass my GPU BIOS.

Are you using UEFI boot? If you are go to Legacy. 

1 hour ago, SG96 said:

I am suing OVMF for the VM.

My GPU supports UEFI.

Do you think it unraid might be using the GPU and thats what giving me the error?

I was talking about uefi boot for unRAID. Click the flash drive to see if its set to uefi or legacy. I saw this kinda issue when i was trying uefi mode for unRAID. I have a r7 2700x system.

Archived