Sad to see ...

pkn

46 minutes ago, jonp said:

I still don't know what you are talking about

I believe we are all talking about the oscar-snubbed, instant classic, Kevin Bacon film, "The Air Up There," starring Kevin Bacon as a college basketball coach who wants a big promotion. To get it, he needs to make a dramatic find. He ends up deep in Africa, hoping to recruit Saleh, a huge basketball prodigy Jimmy glimpsed in a home movie. But Saleh is the chief's son and has responsibilities at home, since the tribe's land is threatened by a mining company with its own hotshot basketball team.

1478944698_airupthere.thumb.jpg.dffd269555f61c1e960d3e00b5998166.jpg

And I think we can all agree, there is no problem with the air up there, or on any of the sites/gui/web gui/whatever!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, jonp said:

I still don't know what you are talking about. The marketing site at unraid.net, the forums, or the webgui? The marketing site is a responsive design site designed by some true pros. We are more than happy with it and I'm sure most newcomers will find the messaging a lot easier to understand. Not sure what there isn't to like about it, but like most designs, some will like it, some won't. We generally believe that more will like it than what we had before (otherwise we wouldn't have changed it).

The forum theme is not any more "air" than what we had prior to moving to unraid.net.

The webgui screenshot featured on the product page shows we are keeping the UI design predominantly the same with minor aesthetic changes to show some branding consistency.

We do not intend on redesigning the UI to have "more air" like the marketing site. We and our designers know that what is desirable for a marketing site and a product UI aren't the same.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

and know look at the picture attached - your post is so large, with so much "air" that it takes almost all my screen. i'm on 1600x1200 resolution, and to me it's more than big.. currently i'm using forums at 80% zoom level.

Screenshot_2018-09-01_09-56-51.thumb.png.df476b2eaf2849c0dd3a466fd0cfb344.png

59 minutes ago, jonp said:

I just don't understand the complaint.  I think it looks fine.

for each his own :) for me those big pictures just mean more clicking/scrolling to see all posts. i just prefer as less clicks/scrolls as possible.

another thing i noticed, is font size - on forums/topics lists font is smaller than inside a post.. i think they must be equal..

On 8/31/2018 at 5:50 PM, jonp said:

I still don't know what you are talking about. The marketing site at unraid.net, the forums, or the webgui?

The first two.

>The marketing site is <...> designed by some true pros.

Yeah, that figures... I bet they were arguing that your site needs "modern look". Been there, heard that... Anyways, as was said, to each his own.

>We do not intend on redesigning the UI to have "more air" like the marketing site.

It's a relief to hear that, thanks. I was kinda worrying.

Edited by pkn
The first two.

>The marketing site is <...> designed by some true pros.

Yeah, that figures... I bet they were arguing that your site needs "modern look". Been there, heard that... Anyways, as was said, to each his own.

>We do not intend on redesigning the UI to have "more air" like the marketing site.

It's a relief to hear that, thanks. I was kinda worrying.

I'm honestly surprised at the amount of focus on the "air" to the marketing site as opposed to the content and how it's organized. I would think that folks would care much more about content than the color scheme or layout, and the new content is by far better than what we had previously. I think that's undisputable. That said, we really like the new site's design. Just wish you did too. The site also is generally faster than the old site and works flawlessly on mobile compared to the old site which was a struggle at best. We also have some nice scripting tricks to help preload pages for folks too.

Would be interested to know what similar companies to us have a better designed site at this point. Just curious.

Anyway, appreciate the feedback. Good or bad, it helps us make better decisions for the future.

I'm honestly surprised at the amount of focus on the "air" to the marketing site as opposed to the content and how it's organized. I would think that folks would care much more about content than the color scheme or layout, and the new content is by far better than what we had previously. I think that's undisputable. That said, we really like the new site's design. Just wish you did too. The site also is generally faster than the old site and works flawlessly on mobile compared to the old site which was a struggle at best. We also have some nice scripting tricks to help preload pages for folks too.

Would be interested to know what similar companies to us have a better designed site at this point. Just curious.

Anyway, appreciate the feedback. Good or bad, it helps us make better decisions for the future.

Just don't get it man, site is well done.

Ok so about that's 6.6 what ya got

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

@jonp I hope your don't mind me posting this in this thread, as it's loosely related to the rebrand, I am still seeing limetech branding on email notifications, now this could be some sort of Google inbox caching I don't know, but worth checking, see attached pictures, note the circle icons. I know it's a minor thing but I feel it's worth mentioning.

Please note I do not have limetech as a contact on my phone, so it's not picking up assigned icons.

fwiw I like the black theme a lot, very nice.33b5254ae9262407c731dce00478ac8f.jpg&key=fb353268a1956262b9ac18272d1d0f3224963ac99b4ce263b89a2b479557c188

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The old theme was pretty bad but the only thing I don't like really is that for UX designers like myself. White text on a black background is kind of seen as heresy in UX development. You're supposed to at least have a solution that is black text and white or somewhat kind of light background. So the fact that we only have a black option is kind of weird.

I'm still getting used to it but it's still a better design than before.

• Upvote 1

Just throwing it out there if it hasn't been mentioned seems any post that was done with certain colored text is difficult to read with the new dark theme i.e. the Zerotier thread the op must have used a color text that is not showing very well making it quite difficult to read not sure if this applies to all threads like that

Triple checked domain and typed two times again. I was thinking im at wrong site. Before this forum theme it was usable at least.

Maybe more bigger fonts and more clear space? :)

Home page (unraid.net) is nice but wtf is this shit ? Forum home page is "viewable". Sub-forums and threads are terrible. Did you actually paid for this forum theme ? ip board default theme is way better than this. Basically pick a random theme from here and u probably get nicer one. https://invisioncommunity.com/files/category/162-themes/

Nothing personal...

Edited by ufo56
Triple checked domain and typed two times again. I was thinking im at wrong site. Before this forum theme it was usable at least.

Maybe more bigger fonts and more clear space?
Home page (unraid.net) is nice but wtf is this shit ? Forum home page is "viewable". Sub-forums and threads are terrible. Did you actually paid for this forum theme ? ip board default theme is way better than this. Basically pick a random theme from here and u probably get nicer one. https://invisioncommunity.com/files/category/162-themes/

Nothing personal...
Sounds pretty personal

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

I'll be honest, I would rather see the limited resource available spent on the product (i.e. unRAID e.g. fix bugs and add features) rather than trying to please the vocal few who can't deal with change.

I think this set a precedence that things are done for whoever wins the "who screams the loudest" contest (with bonus points for the "who writes the vaguest complaint" award).

#ProgressIsGood

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, testdasi said:

I'll be honest, I would rather see the limited resource available spent on the product (i.e. unRAID e.g. fix bugs and add features) rather than trying to please the vocal few who can't deal with change.

I think this set a precedence that things are done for whoever wins the "who screams the loudest" contest (with bonus points for the "who writes the vaguest complaint" award).

#ProgressIsGood

If our internal devs were the ones doing the work, then yes, I would agree with you and we wouldn't be spending our time on creating new themes, but we actually contract the theme work out to a 3rd party that specializes in IPS theming, so while yes, there is a "cost" to this, it's low enough that we don't mind spending a little to provide an alternate viewing experience.

• Like 1