Sad to see ...

pkn

Just a passing comment, the jitterbug theme takes some getting used to.  Not sure if different browsers render the site differently, but looks like my grandma's jitterbug phone.  Not complaining as I am here for the content, but 80% on Firefox 62/Linux with 24" 1920x1080 brings it in line with most other forums.  I like the black, the font/size is what I notice.

Edited by unevent

I've tried both themes. They both suck. Overall, this is now the worst forum layout of any forum I regularly visit.

This forum at 100% in the browser is still larger than most forums at 125%.

There are fewer responses on the screen at once compared to other forums, which means more scrolling to read anything. The comments about more air are true, there is less content and more blank screen on this forum compared to others.

Somehow with the large font sizes, I still find it harder to read. By this, I'm talking when zoomed in the browser to have about the same text size as I use on other forums. Likely has something to do with the exact fonts and colors, but could also be due to the monochromatic color scheme - just too much white or black background. Other forums have softer color variations for borders and post dividers and such.

Overall, I do find it rather sad to read that you paid for this. There probably are better default forum themes.

Edited by lionelhutz
  • Like 1

What is up with this whole everything must be bigger? Why can´t you follow the same style as before/everyone else?

It is like a whole UI department needed glasses, but was too cheap to buy some. So you just designed the forum and UnRAID UI bigger. Both are really terrible. 

And dont give me that "becuase of bigger screens". I use a 1440p monitor daily, and it looks horrible. It should not be necessary for me to downsize the UI to 80/90%

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the vast majority of our users seem to appreciate the new look and feel. That said, we are listening to feedback and addressing concerns. We already created a white variant to address folks that didn't like the dark. We are now working on two more options for the forum that keep the same colors but compact the views (read that as "tighten everything up").

I appreciate that opinions on forum themes are going to be subjective, but please let's not pretend like anyone in here has any more authority than anyone else on design approach. Posts that try to come across as authoritarian aren't going to be well received.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

On 9/21/2018 at 9:55 AM, jonp said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the vast majority of our users seem to appreciate the new look and feel. That said, we are listening to feedback and addressing concerns. We already created a white variant to address folks that didn't like the dark. We are now working on two more options for the forum that keep the same colors but compact the views (read that as "tighten everything up").

I appreciate that opinions on forum themes are going to be subjective, but please let's not pretend like anyone in here has any more authority than anyone else on design approach. Posts that try to come across as authoritarian aren't going to be well received.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

If you're looking for more feedback.... I agree there is a scaling issue on lower resolutions, on my 1080p laptop I need to scale down to 75% to get more then one post on the page.  Also I appreciate the white theme, it's much easier for me to read.  But if you're going to look at more theme options I would consider lightening the dark black stripes on the white theme.  To me it's almost as jarring as the black on white theme on a laptop.  Probably due to reflectiveness of touch laptop screen.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Devar said:

I have to agree, these themes and to me in particular the font is horribly annoying to read. If you got a typographer in here they'd probably run away screaming.

There are 4 combinations: Light, Dark, each with or without compact view.  Did you try them all?  What device are you using to browse the forum?  Screen resolution, etc.  If there is something legit wrong we will address it.

Looks absolutely fine to me, not annoying in the least.  Maybe a case of Yanny/Laurel?