Can't find my unraid server

icemounty

Running Unraid 6.5.3, and I replaced a mesh router from asus with a linksys routerWRT 32X, and restarted my server a couple of times, think I may have put it into an unclean shutdown.  Windows 10 network discovery is not finding my server.  Can not map a new drive either.  the previous ip address that I used to connect to my tower was, 192.168.72.39.  

Just now, icemounty said:

I can not get to the webui like before

Are you trying to get to the WebGUI on a locally attached monitor or via the network?   it is likely that the new router is going to mean a new IP is required.   You could try deleting (or renaming) the network.cfg file in the config folder on the USB drive to revert to default network settings (which would use DHCP) and should give you an IP address compatible with the new router.

2 minutes ago, icemounty said:

Ive never used webgui other than on my windows 10 compter, can I access the webgui directly onto the tower?

Yes if you have a locally attached keyboard + monitor.   When the boot menu is displayed you can select the option to boot into GUI mode to get a GUI on the locally attached monitor.

5 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Are you trying to get to the WebGUI on a locally attached monitor or via the network?   it is likely that the new router is going to mean a new IP is required.   You could try deleting (or renaming) the network.cfg file in the config folder on the USB drive to revert to default network settings (which would use DHCP) and should give you an IP address compatible with the new router.

So, unplug my usb drive from the tower, and move it to my windows compter, and look for network.cfg and try renaming is to network.old.  Then place the usb back into tower, and restart.  Only 2 ways Ive ever restarted my unraid tower, 

1.  webgui, and stopping/reboot

2.  Power button on the tower, which creates a dirty shutdown.

Is there a way to shut down my unraid server at the tower prompt?

Just now, trurl said:

Do you know what the IP address is of any of the other computers on your network since the router change?

I do.  The old router was assigning ip addresses in the 192.168.72.??? range.  My new Linksys router assigns ip addresses in the 192.168.2.??? range.  For example, I set my windows 10 pc to a static ip address and it is 192.168.2.2

I do.  The old router was assigning ip addresses in the 192.168.72.??? range.  My new Linksys router assigns ip addresses in the 192.168.2.??? range.  For example, I set my windows 10 pc to a static ip address and it is 192.168.2.2

That is the problem. You're all on a different network than your server. Just follow the advice about getting back to the default network.cfg so it will get a new IP from the router.

4 minutes ago, trurl said:

That is the problem. You're all on a different network than your server. Just follow the advice about getting back to the default network.cfg so it will get a new IP from the router.

Where are these instructions that you are mentioning.

2 minutes ago, icemounty said:

Where are these instructions that you are mentioning.

In this very thread!

31 minutes ago, itimpi said:

You could try deleting (or renaming) the network.cfg file in the config folder on the USB drive to revert to default network settings (which would use DHCP) and should give you an IP address compatible with the new router.

1 minute ago, trurl said:

It worked, but you are NOT logged in? What do you mean?

typo, I was able to log into the webgui on the unraid tower.  I thought for sure it was going to be doing a parity check or it was offline.

I can confirm, the ip address of my unraid server is 192.168.72.39.  My new router is assigning ip address from 192.168.2,100 -  192.168.2.255 range

typo, I was able to log into the webgui on the unraid tower.  I thought for sure it was going to be doing a parity check or it was offline.

I can confirm, the ip address of my unraid server is 192.168.72.39.  My new router is assigning ip address from 192.168.2,100 -  192.168.2.255 range

As we thought. So do what we suggested.

10 minutes ago, icemounty said:

The old router was assigning ip addresses in the 192.168.72.??? range.  My new Linksys router assigns ip addresses in the 192.168.2.??? range.

This is why I prefer to assign static IPs in the router, and leave all of my network systems set up as DHCP.  

3 minutes ago, Squid said:

This is why I prefer to assign static IPs in the router, and leave all of my network systems set up as DHCP.  

What I do too. That way everything is managed in one place, but I still have control and can easily lookup what everything on the network is using.

Archived