Unclean shutdown detected

1 hour ago, sirhotness said:

damn ok, do you know where the logs folder usual is on the flash?  i'm going to check again, but i swear i can't find a logs folder.  possible there is some hidden setting i dont know about?

It is a top level folder on the flash.    If it is missing when you think there should be a log file there then this will typically mean that the flash had dropped offline before Unraid could write the log file there.

6 hours ago, itimpi said:

It is a top level folder on the flash.    If it is missing when you think there should be a log file there then this will typically mean that the flash had dropped offline before Unraid could write the log file there.

thank you this is helpful. what should i do in this instance. i switched the times w the vm and the server like joegeb said above. hoping this fixes this problem. should maybe i do a remote log server?

5 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Not a bad idea.  If you cannot easily do this then you could let Unraid be the 'remote' server to itself and log to something like a pool drive or an unassigned device that is less likely to drop offline.

great. ty for the help. im a work on setting this up. im new to this and this ks an intermittent issue so I definitely want to have a log for future issues.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2021 at 8:05 AM, itimpi said:

Not a bad idea.  If you cannot easily do this then you could let Unraid be the 'remote' server to itself and log to something like a pool drive or an unassigned device that is less likely to drop offline.

ok so i was finally able to setup a server log using the server itself.  within this last week i've had 2 unclean shutdowns.  i've attached the log.  can you help me decipher what is going on?

syslog-192.168.1.224.log

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2021 at 10:19 PM, trurl said:

Not a solution to your problem, but you should go to Settings - Scheduler - Mover Settings and disable Mover logging. Unless you are trying to debug a mover problem, they just take a lot of space in syslog and are not anonymized.

ok thank you.  was that the correct logs? i want to make sure the next time this situation happens it captures what is going on.  plus i can't access the log until i spin up the array and grab it.  thanks for your help i appreciate it.

14 hours ago, trurl said:

yes

so after reading your post, i had an unclean shutdown yet again.  i attached both syslogs.  i also went in and changed the mover settings as you suggested.  not sure what keeps causing this unclean shutdown.  i have setup the vm etc. timeouts to be far apart from each other.  do you see anything in these logs causing this issue that seems to not go away?

2021-12-02 syslog-192.168.1.224.log syslog.txt

25 minutes ago, trurl said:

When the filesystem is repaired, anything repair can't figure out gets dumped in those. Not sure whether that is a symptom or a cause.

Put flash in your PC and let it checkdisk. While there make a backup. Be sure to boot from USB2 port.

ok thank you, i will report back once i do this.

• 1 month later...

ok so far to fix my issue to my plex problem not loading quick by changing the path.  i found the answer at this reddit post.

i also installed fix common problems plugin and then ran/fixed all issues.  plus i updated al my plugins and dockers.  and i restarted graphql.

im not sure if all this fixed my unclean shutdown, but the most recent was changing the path.  ever since then i havent had an unclean shutdown.  figured i'd update this post in case someone else is having the same issue that has been plaguing me for over 4months.

• 1 year later...