Updating folder of files via torrent

Hi,

I’ve got a folder full of files (MAME roms) on my unraid box, which I’d like to keep up to date via torrent. 

Id like to install a torrent client on my unraid box, which will scan the folder and only update the necessary files. I can easily do this on windows or mac, but would like to keep everything contained on the server. 

VPN would be handy if possible?

Any ideas?

Stewart

Do you mean bittorrent sync? (now Resilio Sync)
There is a docker (with a support thread on here), otherwise for normal torrent usage there's a few different torrent dockers available.

If none of those tickle your fancy you could always create a VM and run whatever software you used previously on your OS of choice.

Normally on my computer, I just load up the torrent file, point it to the folder and it scans what’s in there and only updates the files that are outdated.

If I was to install a Windows or Ubuntu VM, would it have full access to the file system on the server?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, StuMcBill said:

Normally on my computer, I just load up the torrent file, point it to the folder and it scans what’s in there and only updates the files that are outdated.

Ah ok I see what your saying, the torrent itself is being updated with more content.

Any torrent program is capable of this and the dockers setup for unRAID are a resource efficient way to do this,  just make sure you pass the path (in docker config) where you want the torrent to load to.

I'd recommend binhex's delugeVPN and there are some great youtube videos on SpaceinvaderOne's channel on how to set it up.

Ah ok I see what your saying, the torrent itself is being updated with more content.
Any torrent program is capable of this and the dockers setup for unRAID are a resource efficient way to do this,  just make sure you pass the path (in docker config) where you want the torrent to load to.

I'd recommend binhex's delugeVPN and there are some great youtube videos on SpaceinvaderOne's channel on how to set it up.

I did have delugeVPN from binhex set up ages ago, via Spaceinvader ones video (set the whole server up using him), but I couldn’t figure out how to point it to my folder of files?

I’ll need to give it a go again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk