Can i add Unraid to my already existing system? 

shnickelson

I have a Windows 10 PC with 5 mechanical hard drives of varying size and speed.  This is used almost exclusively as network storage for my Plex Media Server running off of an Nvidia Shield.  I'm looking for a hard drive management system that will combine all of my drives and improve performance, without having to format any of my drives.  I was hoping to keep my current Windows setup while adding Unraid next to it.  My first thought was some sort of desktop application for Unraid.  But i guess that's not how this whole thing works.  Basically, I'm just trying to find the simplest way to use something like Unraid, on a computer I already have up and running, without loosing anything that currently exists.  I'm trying to avoid reinstalling Windows or cloning to an external source and copying to a VM.

3 minutes ago, shnickelson said:

No

unRAID must format any disk it will use in the array or as cache. It can work with other disks as Unassigned Devices. You can run Windows as a VM under unRAID. Some have run unRAID as a VM under ESXi but that configuration isn't officially supported.

Archived