[SOLVED] Weird mover behavior i really need help

Hello,

I am confused. I copied around 30 gb of data from my computer to a share using Windows shares(SMB) to one of the shares and invoked mover manually to move the data to the array. I use cache drive on the specific share and i see now mover finished and the cache drive is almost full but previously it was only 60GB used out of 250GB but now it has 190GB used. Wasn't it supposed to move the data to the array? How can i move the files back now and how can i know what files additionally have been moved from the array. Around 100GB were moved to the cache drive...  Can you please kindly help to see what's going on?

Edit: After some inspecting, the whole share is moved to the cache drive but i was expecting only the 30GB data that were cached to be moved to the array, now it is the opposite...

Edited by gdarko

Thank you so much, mover is working fine, everything else is fine now! The setting was set to "Prefer".  I was a bit worried about the precious data moved to the cache drive as i see the cache drive unreliable since i don't have another parity. And plus in the moment it was around 60 C hot with my data ( that i never want to lose. ) on it.

To anyone that encounter such problems and only expected  the cache drive to be used tempoary use "Yes" option, not "Prefer" ,it was a bit confusing for me in the help section. But now i know what "Prefer" really means.

Edited by gdarko
14 minutes ago, gdarko said:

it was a bit confusing for me in the help section.

When you are thoroughly familiar with a feature, it can be hard to write good help text.

How would you propose changing it so the next person to read it has a better idea of what is meant?

Any help getting it more beginner friendly is welcome!

10 minutes ago, gdarko said:

my data ( that i never want to lose. )

If it's that precious you need to have backups of it. Parity can be useful in the event of disk failure but failure of other hardware can be quite damaging to data and, of course, it doesn't protect you from deleting your files by mistake.

1 minute ago, John_M said:

If it's that precious you need to have backups of it. Parity can be useful in the event of disk failure but failure of other hardware can be quite damaging to data and, of course, it doesn't protect you from deleting your files by mistake.

I have one drive with the data which sits powered off outside the server but i will only use it when everything goes wrong...