New disk not recognized

Marino

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 9211 is an older model right? Because it is not listet on the website, but die 9207 is.

So 9207 over 9211. I haven't figured out how the expander works, yet. The price difference is not that much. In this case I would definitely go for the 9207.

6GBit/s is enough and there are no need for 12?

EDIT: When I informed correct, than the 9207-8i is the actual 6BG/s Modell für SATA/SAS from LSI with X8 3.0 and would be the best what I can get for my money, especially because I begin with 3 12TB drives :)

Edited by Marino

Those card have 2 SFF8087 connector, each could connect 4 disk and each disk could be 6Gbits i.e. sata3. So one card have bandwidth 48Gbits. If connect with expander in 1 SFF8087 24Gbits or 2 SFF8087 48Gbits, then more drive could connect in same time under same controller. Bandwidth would be share too.

Foe PCIe side, 2.0 was ~5Gbits, so x8 was 40Gbits and 3.0 will be double.

Fast harddisk ~250MByte/s, you may simple think 2.5Gbits only.

Edited by Benson

At keast the 9211-8e and the 9305-16e are compatibel with HGST-HE12 (HGST-Link). They don't got any card testet, but chances are high that the newer 9207 works, too.

The SFF8087 connector is new to me. Surely I have to order this separately. So it all depends on the cables? The Expander looks like an CPU so without cable. A bit confusing. For now it is the 9207-8i

I wanted to order, but no one under 250€ has it in stock. The cheapest one is 180€ with Express and ebay China with express for 20€ will cost me 80€ in total.

So, when I compare, the 180€ one surely is the chinese one too. 250€ against 80€ is a word.

This one I would like to order from china (ebay-link (fastest)) but what is the IT Mode described in title?

optional ebay-Link 1

optional ebay-Link 2

optional ebay-Link 3

Which one would you get? They are almost same price, but the fastest one has IT Mode whatever this is?!?

Edited by Marino
  • 1 year later...

Given I'm almost 2 years late to the party here, this probably won't help the OP but it may help others that stumbled across this thread.

I found this thread because i have the same GA-Z87X-UD5H motherboard as the OP and was having the same problem w/ the 6 Intel SATA ports working but the 4 Marvell ports not working.  I am new to Unraid, but after running Windows on this board for ~6 years I was able to use all 10 ports.

I went through every fix linked in this thread and other related threads.  None worked for me. 

What DID work for me was updating the BIOS of the motherboard from version F10c (released in 2014) to the next and latest version, F10e (released in 2017).  All Marvell ports are now working w/ all Intel virtualisation settings enabled in BIOS.  I still have the "append  iommu=pt  initrd=/bzroot" boot modifier in place but I'm unsure if it's still needed.  Now that it's up and running though, I don't want to reboot to find out!

Hope this helps somebody!