Multiple isues at once: new cache drive in RAID1, Docker not starting, disk emulation

Karyudo

I moved a bunch of stuff off the cache, so now it's got 150+ GB free. Should be good for a while.

I re-enabled Docker, and most things seem to be working. Plex, however, started as though it was a fresh install. I thought that was weird. I did nothing, shut Plex down, and then stopped and started the array (to remove the HDD from the cache pool). Next time I fired up Plex, I went to the main page, and all my media and watched status seems to be there, but it's telling me to claim the server, which now has a different name. What?!

I'm sure I saw on the board sometime in the past how to restore info for Dockers, but I can't find it now. Any hints as to where I can look for some help?

6 minutes ago, Karyudo said:

I went to the main page, and all my media and watched status seems to be there, but it's telling me to claim the server, which now has a different name. What?!

Not sure what that's about but it doesn't seem like an unRAID or docker issue. I think I have seen others recently with similar and it was a Plex issue. Might take a look at the linuxserver.io plex thread. Have you tried "reclaiming the server"?

I think what you may be referring to as far as restoring dockers is where people disable docker service, delete and recreate docker image, then go to Apps - Previous Apps where it will let you reinstall any and all of your dockers with their previous settings. Might help, might not.

2 minutes ago, trurl said:

Have you tried "reclaiming the server"?

No, because the server name I'd be "reclaiming" was new, defaulting (?) to the name of my unRAID server, which is not what I had for months until I disabled Docker a few days ago! I didn't want to stumble my way into an alternate timeline where Biff owns Hill Valley.

2 minutes ago, trurl said:

I think what you may be referring to as far as restoring dockers is where people disable docker service, delete and recreate docker image, then go to Apps - Previous Apps where it will let you reinstall any and all of your dockers with their previous settings. Might help, might not.

You're right: that sounds familiar. Before I try that, I'll read some more of the recent stuff in the linuxserver.io thread.