Feature Comparison between Pricing Tiers

You are correct, you won't be missing ANY functionality with Basic.  If you decide to expand the number of disks in your system beyond six, for cache pool and drive array, upgrading your license is an available option.

Edited by Jcloud
crossed out incorrect info.
1 hour ago, Jonathan Vella said:

So I will not be missing out on anything if I go ahead with Basic since all I have is 4 disks right?

Just a check - the number of attached devices limits for the Basic/Plus licenses includes all devices - not just those allocated to unRAID.   Probably not an issue for you, but some people think having other devices plugged in that are not assigned for use with unRAID do not count.

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...

Does the USB stick for unRAID or a network card count as an attached device?

I plan on moving from three unRAID setups, with 16+ external drives attached, using eSATA port multipliers. To five unRAID setups with only six drives in each setup. 1-Parity, 1-cache- and four drives in the array. So I need to pickup a fifth license. My current four are the Pro licenses. That I got when they had a discount for getting two licenses together. But I only need one more. And I don't plan on having 20+ total drives in each system any more. 

So I would only need the basic license. Unless the network card and unRAID USB stick count as attached devices. Then I would need to get the Plus.

Edited by aaronwt
8 minutes ago, aaronwt said:

Does the USB stick for unRAID or a network card count as an attached device?

The only devices that count against the license limitations are storage devices attached to the server when the array is started.

For example, my server has:

1 parity drive

5 array data drives

3 cache/pool drives

1 Unassigned Devices SSD

1 flash drive for Unraid (but it happens to be a card reader with an SD slot for Unraid and a MicroSD slot I use for the syslog)

I have 11 devices that count against the license.  The Unraid SD flash device does not count but the MicroSD for Syslog does count.

I also have an external 14TB USB drive I use for backups.  If that is plugged in when the array starts, it would count against the license limitations.  If I plug it in to do a backup after the array has already started, it does not count against the license limitations.

• Like 1