All Drives Showing Up Unassigned (SOLVED)

This afternoon my unRAID server became unresponsive and I had to do an unclean shutdown. Before I did I was able to get to the console and take a picture of it. After the reboot I open the gui, the array is stopped and all drives are showing up unassigned. No idea what is going on here, can somebody help me out? Error log post unclean shutdown and picture of the console of before I shut it down attached.

tower-diagnostics-20180909-1719.zip

20180909_170646.jpg

Edited by nickro8303

Obviously having a flash backup that can only be accessed after you have booted from the flash isn't the best idea.

For future reference, you can always download a zipped copy of your flash from Main - Boot Device - Flash - Flash Backup.

Do you know for certain whether or not you have changed any drive assignments since that March backup? You might just try comparing the DISK_ASSIGNMENTS.txt files if that backup includes one.

Note that unRAID doesn't actually use that file, it is just for diagnostics. The real disk assignments are in config/super.dat as I mentioned earlier.

7 hours ago, trurl said:

Do you know for certain whether or not you have changed any drive assignments since that March backup? You might just try comparing the DISK_ASSIGNMENTS.txt files if that backup includes one.

Nothing has changed since March but I went ahead and checked both disk assignment files anyway and they are the same. 

Should I wipe the flash drive and restore it from the back up or can I just replace the super.dat file from the back up? Seems like I should just be able to reassign each drive back to it's spot and restart the array. 

Might be safest to just start fresh and assign your drives manually. Then when you get the array up you can get the more recent backup from there. That way you will have any changes you made since March, such as plugins, dockers, other settings. All of your settings are in the config folder, so that is all you will need to restore from backup.

In future, if you want automatic backup of flash using CA Backup, it would be best if that went to something you can access without booting unRAID. Some people use Unassigned Devices to SMB mount something on their network, for example. I have an Unassigned Device formatted NTFS I send mine to, so I can just take it to Windows and get anything off of it.

7 minutes ago, trurl said:

Might be safest to just start fresh and assign your drives manually

Getting a warning that "All existing data on this device will be OVERWRITTEN when array is Started" in regards to the parity drive when I manually assign the drives, I'm assuming this isn't an issue since the data on the array should still be good.

9 minutes ago, trurl said:

All of your settings are in the config folder, so that is all you will need to restore from backup.

So all I need to do is replace the "config" folder on flash drive with the from the backup and boot to unRAID and it should be back to normal?

3 hours ago, nickro8303 said:

Getting a warning that "All existing data on this device will be OVERWRITTEN when array is Started" in regards to the parity drive when I manually assign the drives, I'm assuming this isn't an issue since the data on the array should still be good.

Does it give you a check box to tell it parity is already valid?

So I assigned the disks according to the DISK_ASSIGNMENTS.txt file from the backup and started the array checking the box that the parity is valid and everything seems to be working properly as far as I can tell. I rebooted and the server came back up with no issues, array started and everything without restoring the super.dat file. I'm still worried that there is a hardware problem somewhere but it seems to working properly for now. Thank you for your help @trurl

Edited by nickro8303