New user/current build (Upgrades needed????)

Setfree

This is my current build.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/justin12101992/saved/dKYJVn 

I just stumbled across unraid a few days ago. I have my computer, monitor, and tv set up in office. 

What im trying to accomplish is pretty basic. I just want to play  video games on tv and computer. Trying to get it setup where i can play with my kid at same time or friends. Or run game and kodi/plex to tv. With 2 mice/keyboard or xbox controller thru usb adapter.

Is my cpu enough? i see alot of people running more server side cpu stuff....more cores...

Is my Ram enough to have do this fast? 

My current build already ate a whole in wallet. But i can spend maybe $1000 more. 

Suggestions? And any pointers on how to do that setup once i dive in?

2 hours ago, Setfree said:
  1. Is my cpu enough? i see alot of people running more server side cpu stuff....more cores...
  2. Is my Ram enough to have do this fast? 
  3. Suggestions? And any pointers on how to do that setup once i dive in?

Easiest post to answer:

1. Yes - more than good enough
  2. Yes - more than enough
  3. Watch spaceinvaderone guides on Youtube

You won't be able to SLI your GPUs, btw, in case you were thinking about that. So perhaps 1080Ti for yourself and a 1070 for the kid / friend might be sufficient.

Edited by testdasi

Do some research into IOMMU groups. You will need separate usb chipsets/controllers to pass through to each host. *most* motherboards have 2. The usb2, and usb3 are normally separate chipsets. If they are not separate, you will need an add-in card (15-30$ on amazon). Motherboard usb to 1 host, and add-in card to the second host. *There is a way to 'force' separation of IOMMU groups, but thats going down a rabbit hole, even experienced users can have issues with*

*Side note @testdasi, has anyone gotten SLI working? Is it an IOMMU issue? Driver/host issue?* PM me if you want, as to not derail this thread