Mediawiki

Abigel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was also recently looking for some good docker based wiki software. I got Bookstack working in the end.

I haven't had good experience with MariaDB+Nextcloud in the past so I didn't have a lot of faith trying MariaDB again.
I ended up with a MySQL+Bookstack combination and it's been working perfectly.

These are the commands I ran via the terminal to install the two images.

https://hub.docker.com/r/solidnerd/bookstack/

https://hub.docker.com/_/mysql/

docker run -d --name='bookstack' --net='bridge' -e TZ="Africa/Johannesburg" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'BOOKSTACK'='BookStack' -e 'DB_HOST'='192.168.2.6:3306' -e 'DB_DATABASE'='bookstack' -e 'DB_USERNAME'='root' -e 'DB_PASSWORD'='<password>' -p '9595:80/tcp' -v '/mnt/cache/AppData/Bookstack/public/uploads/':'/mnt/cache/AppData/Bookstack/public/uploads/':'rw' -v '/mnt/cache/AppData/Bookstack/public/storage/':'/mnt/cache/AppData/Bookstack/public/storage/':'rw' 'solidnerd/bookstack'

docker run -d --name='MySQL' --net='bridge' -e TZ="Africa/Johannesburg" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD'='<password>' -e 'MYSQL_DATABASE'='bookstack' -e 'MYSQL_USER'='root' -p '3306:3306/tcp' -v '/mnt/cache/AppData/mysql/data':'/var/lib/mysql':'rw' 'mysql'

Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 8.49.59 PM.png

Edited by b1scu17
  • Like 1

Something to note, I haven't been able to figure it out as yet, but images I save inside an article on Bookstack doesn't seem to persist through restarts. When I load the article later the image is missing.
Might be some write permissions issue I think?
Other than the images issue, everything has been working great