[WTB] [CAN-BC] IT Mode HBA Card

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Decent deal for anything NOT involving unraid. Those cards have a bad reputation for dropping drives when used with unraid.

Should work fine for a windows box.

Ok, good to know. Like I said, I never got to use it for unraid, ended up using M1015 back then. Thanks 

4 hours ago, fitbrit said:

I've been using two of these for over 5 years, and only recently heard about them dropping drives. Back in the day, these were recommended for unraid. I've never had an issue with them - perhaps the problems arose from a more recent firmware than the ones I have?

The issue has not been narrowed down enough to say for sure. Some rigs have serious issues, others run fine. Much speculation about what combination of parts and software causes it, but the end result is clear. Unraid and marvell chip controllers don't mix well.

If your particular rig doesn't have issues, great! You are one of the lucky ones. If you start dropping drives at seemingly random intervals and have a marvell chip HBA, chances are that's the issue.