Send notification only on bad array health

xorinzor

Hi,

Is there any way to configure unraid to only send out an notification when the array health changes, or goes bad? I'd like to have it check multiple times a day so I'm aware as quickly as possible, but I don't need to get (nor want) an email every hour telling me my array is fine.

I find it hard to believe there's not something for this already, that I'm most likely overlooking, so I'd love to hear any recommendations.

2 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

You'll get a notification if there are any read errors, any disks gets disabled or any of the monitored SMART attributes changes, so if you don't any of those you can assume the array is healthy, I for example don't use array health notifications, only get one if there's a problem.

Ah okay, that's good to know. Will these notifications also be sent via mail if SMTP is configured?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, xorinzor said:

I don't need to get (nor want) an email every hour telling me my array is fine.

I find it hard to believe there's not something for this already, that I'm most likely overlooking, so I'd love to hear any recommendations.

Hourly is overkill, but there IS a good reason to get all is well status messages.

How will you know if the server is able to notify you? If something goes wrong with the communication channel, then you will never know if there is a fault. All good status is not only a check of the server, but also the delivery method.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, jonathanm said:

Hourly is overkill, but there IS a good reason to get all is well status messages.

How will you know if the server is able to notify you? If something goes wrong with the communication channel, then you will never know if there is a fault. All good status is not only a check of the server, but also the delivery method.

Good point, a daily email isn't going to do any harm. An email every hour would get tiring pretty quickly though, and I'd pay less and less attention to them.

I just wasn't aware of the alerts being sent (still had to actually check the email checkbox myself for that to work though).