Dell H310 IT MODE Lastest Firmware?

Can someone lead me to the right direction or be kind enough to provide a link to the lastest firmware .  I would like to put my dell H310 to IT mode using the latest firmwares

or does it really matter?

Also is it a  waste of time to flash the bios onto the card  or will this just  increase boot time ? I heard everything can be seen in unraid anyway

Edited by CSIG1001
s

hey thanks for the info.. 

I noticed under windows 10 it is listed as a Dell 6gbs SAS HBA i was curious why it was not listed as a LSI , i guess the name cant be changed.  I am on P19 , also can this reflashed  IT mode card  be used under windows 10 also?  Hopefully it will work with 8tb or 10tb, i think i read somewhere it should not matter 

7 hours ago, CSIG1001 said:

I noticed under windows 10 it is listed as a Dell 6gbs SAS HBA i was curious why it was not listed as a LSI

Not sure how Windows determines what Vendor the card is.

Maybe the device ID that is not touched during crossflash? How is unRAID recognizing the card?

7 hours ago, CSIG1001 said:

can this reflashed  IT mode card  be used under windows 10 also

No experience in other OS' here but my guess is: yes, it should

will work with 8tb or 10tb

Edited by Fireball3

Can anyone explain why my Dell H310 crossflash firmware with LSI shows 

Dell 6gbps sas hba  under windows? Also after the flashing It still says Dell 6gbps sas hba  next to BOARD NAME?

Everyone else I see online show LSI 9211!?

I did not flash any bios onto the cards as I want faster bootup times.

Thanks!

28 minutes ago, CSIG1001 said:

Can anyone explain why my Dell H310 crossflash firmware with LSI shows 

Dell 6gbps sas hba  under windows? Also after the flashing It still says Dell 6gbps sas hba  next to BOARD NAME?

Everyone else I see online show LSI 9211!?

I did not flash any bios onto the cards as I want faster bootup times.

Thanks!

That's perfectly normal since the subsytem shows the original, e.g., this is one of mine:

02:00.0 Serial Attached SCSI controller [0107]: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] [1000:0072] (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Dell 6Gbps SAS HBA Adapter [1028:1f1c]

And here's one originally from Fujitsu:

01:00.0 SCSI storage controller [0100]: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] [1000:0072] (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Fujitsu Technology Solutions SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] [1734:1177]

Edited by johnnie.black
16 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

That's perfectly normal since the subsytem shows the original, e.g., this is one of mine:

02:00.0 Serial Attached SCSI controller [0107]: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] [1000:0072] (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Dell 6Gbps SAS HBA Adapter [1028:1f1c]

And here's one originally from Fujitsu:

01:00.0 SCSI storage controller [0100]: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] [1000:0072] (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Fujitsu Technology Solutions SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] [1734:1177]

OIC 

thanks for the input.. I guess I was expecting my board name to change to LSI 9211 when listing the info in dos.  Maybe the confusion is on ebay where resellers are selling a former Dell H310 and showing a screen shot of listing the info in dos where it shows board name "lsi 9211 8i"

So i guess there is no way to change it? Because from my understanding you could flash a firmware to make it LSI which mine is  in IT mode.  Users on here seem to think LSI firmware is the best ,  i thought i used the wrong firmware  ,

3 minutes ago, CSIG1001 said:

Because from my understanding you could flash a firmware to make it LSI which mine is  in IT mode. 

Both of mine are flashed with the LSI IT firmware, subsystem doens't change with the flash, also it doesn't make any difference, so not important, no idea how it display on DOS.

3 minutes ago, CSIG1001 said:

That's exactly how any SAS2008 LSI flashed HBA will appear, again flashing doesn't change the subsystem, and it doesn't matter, it will use the LSI driver in any OS, some might display the name based on the subsytem, but it won't affect the functionality.

On 9/15/2018 at 3:58 AM, johnnie.black said:

That's exactly how any SAS2008 LSI flashed HBA will appear, again flashing doesn't change the subsystem, and it doesn't matter, it will use the LSI driver in any OS, some might display the name based on the subsytem, but it won't affect the functionality.

oh i think i get what you are saying , so since i bought the dell h310 it will say in the OS dell HBA 6GBPS , the LSI card will say LSI and stay LSI in the subsystem because in the end it doesnt matter since both cards are using the same driver and IT mode

Thanks for the response.

Just curious though..  I bought 3 of these Dell H310 and flashed them with IT MODE , two will be used for a future unraid built , the other Dell H310 will be used in my desktop PC using windows 10.   I just received some forward breakout cables just researched and would seem i have the correct cables.. However upon booting into my windows 10 PC. The Dell H310 controller is conflicting with my motherboards sata controller but making most of the HDDs disappear.  Upon unpluging the Dell H310 it works fine..  My only theory is that I need to flash the bios onto the car so it can recognize the 8 HDDs on the Dell H310.  Or is there something I am missing?   My norco 4224 build uses SAS to SAS so that should not be an issue with my future plex server build using Unraid. But since learning to flash I assumed this IT mode Dell card could be used as a SATA BOD controller on my windows 10 PC.

Thanks for your help man!

my bad looks like my LAST PCI express port is giving it issues  on my Z370, i moved it up one slow and it works , 

such a shame i wanted to add SLI in the future

update will work fine now on last port but slight longer delay on bootup for some reason.. Running 13 HDDS 

8 on mobo and 5 on the SAS ports

Edited by CSIG1001