Docker Service Failed to Start (SOLVED)

ucliker

I tried to do that but it won't let me. I keep getting Btrfs errors on my cache drive, parent transid verify failed on 1275643199488 wanted 2588463 found 2587150.

I copied what I could off of the drive, first I thought it was a bad cable but after switching cables and even pulling the drive and putting it in my Archlinux box it still throws the same errors. 

To reformat a drive you need to stop the array: click on the disk to be formatted and change the format to the one you want; restart the array and the disk will now show as unmountable.   You can now use the option to format unmountable disks.

NOTE:  this will erase any existing data on the drive so make sure you first copy anything you want to keep to another location.

3 minutes ago, itimpi said:

To reformat a drive you need to stop the array: click on the disk to be formatted and change the format to the one you want; restart the array and the disk will now show as unmountable.   You can now use the option to format unmountable disks.

NOTE:  this will erase any existing data on the drive so make sure you first copy anything you want to keep to another location.

Thanks! Yeah, I copied what I could but the filesystem on the cache drive is corrupted. 

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone

I might be in a simulair situation

I wanted to change my Cache to btrfs encrypted....

I then copied all data to my UAD drive and copied it back again and now get the: "Docker Service failed to start."

Did I do something wrong:

1) Stop docker service

2) Copy appdata (Not system) back to the Cache drive

3) Start docker service again

UPDATE: Did above again 2 times and then it worked (Some transfer error?)

Edited by casperse
  • 11 months later...
On 9/15/2018 at 7:05 PM, JorgeB said:

Change cache slots to 1

We have one german user with a degraded RAID because his SSD in slot 1 became defective. Now his docker service does not start anymore. Is it really needed to convert the RAID back to single and move the running SSD to slot 1 (as long his waiting for the new SSD to re-create an RAID1).

I wonder because in both cases would be the path /mnt/cache/system or /mnt/user/system or is the docker.img mounted in a different way?

9 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

If the pool was redundant you can have just slot2 populated, if it's not working there are other issues.

It looks like Unraid mounted the cache pool read-only. This would explain his problem. We suggested him to make a backup through rsync first and then try to re-assign the SSD as a single cache drive in slot 1 if he don't want to wait for the replacement SSD.

16 minutes ago, mgutt said:

No? Isn't it possible to downgrade the RAID1 to Single disk through this way?

I guess you mean re-format? If that's it then yes, but it can be left in slot, that won't matter, backup cache and re-format, I assume it this post:

Looking at the diags there were errors on the remaining device:

Jan 20 09:12:47 Unraid-Tower kernel: BTRFS info (device nvme0n1p1): bdev /dev/nvme0n1p1 errs: wr 1314931, rd 1043949, flush 26985, corrupt 1428, gen 0

This suggests that device also dropped offline in the past and it was never corrected, when the other device failed it was corrupt, tell the user to look a look here for better pool monitoring.