Rootfs file is getting full

fersal

5 hours ago, fersal said:

as far as I know I have all my data files under /mnt

Is this a new problem? Have you made any recent changes or additions to dockers?

10 hours ago, itimpi said:

Most likely cause is a misconfigured docker that is writing files to RAM.   The thing to remember is that all files that are not under /mnt or /boot are in RAM.

This is the most usual cause of this problem. And /mnt isn't good enough actually. It must be an actual user share path, /mnt/user/... or an actual disk, /mnt/disk1/... or /mnt/cache/... for example. Just /mnt/somefolder will still be in RAM. And you can also get a folder in RAM if you try to use a path to an unmounted Unassigned Device.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, trurl said:

Is this a new problem? Have you made any recent changes or additions to dockers?

This is the most usual cause of this problem. And /mnt isn't good enough actually. It must be an actual user share path, /mnt/user/... or an actual disk, /mnt/disk1/... or /mnt/cache/... for example. Just /mnt/somefolder will still be in RAM. And you can also get a folder in RAM if you try to use a path to an unmounted Unassigned Device.

Actually no major hardware or software changes in the past year other than upgrade to 6.5.3.  However maybe it's happened before because I don't look at the log file very often. The only docker is a Plex Media Server.

And yes, all files are in user shares under /mnt/user/;   I'll keep monitoring the log file to see of this happens again.  If anyone else has any ideas please let me know, thanks!

Edited by fersal
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Squid said:

Running unRaid 6.6.3 on 2G of memory is really pushing it.  I know that LT's website does state that is the requirement, but realistically that is the bottom of the barrel requirement.

Thanks for responding and checking my logs! How much should be the RAM then? Any recommendation?

Edited by anindianforor
  • 2 years later...
On 11/3/2018 at 6:19 PM, Squid said:

TBH, even with no additional apps running, I'd say 4G is the functional minimum

Hello, 

I have posted my diagnostics for some assistance. Keep in mind this NAS is sort of a test NAS I created from old hardware and upgraded RAM and CPU to what the motherboard would support.
Fix uncommon problems is reporting:
 Rootfs file is getting full (currently 92 % used)

Is this cause of the RAM?

unraidNAS-diagnostics-20210808-1202.zip