Way to find out previous server version

tuxbass

Due to lack of time, the server sat dormant for nearly a year 'til month ago or so.

The OS got upgraded to ver  6.5.2, but I'm not sure which version I upgraded from, in order to go through required post-upgrade steps.

Is there somewhere a log or other way of finding out what version the system was upgraded from?

7 minutes ago, tuxbass said:

Due to lack of time, the server sat dormant for nearly a year 'til month ago or so.

The OS got upgraded to ver  6.5.2, but I'm not sure which version I upgraded from, in order to go through required post-upgrade steps.

Is there somewhere a log or other way of finding out what version the system was upgraded from?

You really should have done pre-upgrade steps. Did you look at the update notes linked in the first post of the 6.5.x announcement thread? Here is a link to those notes:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/66327-unraid-os-version-650-stable-release-update-notes/

4 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

If you upgraded using the GUI there will be a previous folder on the flash drive with the previous release.

/boot/changes.txt has Version 6.3.5 listed top of the file, so I'm assuming this is the last one.

4 hours ago, trurl said:

You really should have done pre-upgrade steps. Did you look at the update notes linked in the first post of the 6.5.x announcement thread? Here is a link to those notes:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/66327-unraid-os-version-650-stable-release-update-notes/

Assuming the jump was in fact from 6.3.5 to 6.5.2, how bad of a damage can I be looking at?

9 minutes ago, tuxbass said:

Assuming the jump was in fact from 6.3.5 to 6.5.2, how bad of a damage can I be looking at?

Much of the caveats are caught by Fix Common Problems.  Install it / update it (if you don't already) and then you can go to Tools - Update Assistant and run it against Stable.  After that, you can also hit Settings - Fix Common Problems, scan for problems and see what it says.

(And if you just recently updated, you should be on 6.5.3, not 6.5.2)

Edited by Squid