Re-Merging folders on user shares

vw-kombi

I had setup my Media-TVShows shares in one way, but now I know what I did wrong (I think), is there a way of 'de-merging' it ie where the folders are split, unsplit them and move them back to one or the other disk.  More info below.......

I initially set it up as disk2 and disk3 with the default 'automatically split any directory as required'.

My structure is thus :

top level folder - media-tvshows

second level folders - TV Show Name

third level folders - Season x

fourth level has the actual show's - TV Show Name.SxxExx.Episode Name

Now if I view the disk2 and disk3 through krusader it is all mixed all over the shop due to 'automatically split any directory as required'.

So..... can I 'de-merge' this stuff with some sort of tool ?

I would like the top level and second level to stay on their own disk, so each TV Show is ONLY on one disk.  As my top folder is actually 'media-tvshows', the second directory is where this needs to be kept and not split.  I am a little confused as to which of the 'automatically split' options to use for this.  I have read the help, but still confused.  Maybe an example structure on the help screen would have assisted me in this.

Thanks.

OK - investigated this a bit more.

I have set the share to 'Manual - Do not automatically split directories', then I used unballance to select a number of the TV Shows that were split between the disks and 'moved' them to disk 3 (the one with the most disk space).

Can someone advise if this is correct ?

Should I change the Manual split to one of the levels ?

Thanks.

Never Mind on the utility question.

While unbalance would do it, it is going to be way too time consuming to do each of the folders and move one way of the other.

I think I will delete a batch of TV shows from the array, then copy them back from my backup - too big to do all at the same time.  This will then  put them down according to the share settings.

So my final question, should I leave manual setting to keep them in their TV Show folders on each disk, or use one of the automatic settings.

Thanks.