Unraid OS version 6.6.0 available

limetech

Great news :D Just updated and it seems to work smoothly so far :)

Just wondering about one thing, I got the following message in my syslog:

L1TF CPU bug present and SMT on, data leak possible. See CVE-2018-3646 and https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/admin-guide/l1tf.html for details.

What would be the easiest way to take action on this, IF it's needed?

Edit:

I also found one other weird thing:

I have one cache ssd on my server and at the current moment there was one ~20gb large file on that. I tried to invoke mover manually through the web interface first, but nothing happened. When i tried to invoke it through the terminal, by typing 'mover' nothing happened there too.

Usually when i invoked it through the web interface it gave me some sort of information that it was currently running, but not so much anymore. When i run it through the terminal it's the same thing. It just quits straight away, before it seemed to quite AFTER having done all the movements.

Edited by ruvil

Just a few comments before posts begin with questions

The ability to pin cpu-cores to docker containers via the extra parameters section is now deprecated on 6.6  When using --cpuset-cpus AND the buttons in the GUI to pin cores, unexpected results will happen.  If you have previously pinned cores via extra parameters, then you should remove that setting, and switch to the GUI method

(Additionally, if you have CPU pinning set via extra parameters, the new CPU Pinning page in settings will not *appear* to save the changes - This is one of those "unexpected results")

Fix Common Problems will flag as an error if your container has both --cpuset-cpus and the pinning via the GUI present.  If you have --cpuset-cpus present by itself, then a warning will be issued suggesting that you switch to the GUI method.

Also, since its not completely obvious, not selecting any cores for docker apps will mean that the container can execute on all cores

The new ability

webgui: Plugins: Show support thread if present

Means that on the Plugins page, a Support Link now appears for every plugin installed.  The support links have been injected into the .plg file by CA for about 2 months.  If you have not installed any plugin via CA recently (ie: no support links are present on your plugins), then you should head over the to the Plugins page, Install plugin, and enter in the following:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/misc-stuff/master/pluginSupport.plg

This is not a Plugin that you are installing, but rather an easy way to quickly run a one-off script.

Either way, the next time you install a plugin via CA, all plugins will automatically have the support link injected into them.

@dmacias will ultimately have to update his plugins to REMOVE the link he's already including in the README.md file, but every other author does not need to do anything.  (Plugin Authors: CA / the script above are slightly modifying your .plg file by adding a support attribute.  There is no other change, but any spacing/formatting you may have in the .plg's header may be different if you happen to look at /boot/config/plugins/*.plg)

Oh and @bonienl, the white/black themes are awesome.  I never could quite get into azure/gray

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Upgraded from 6.5.3 - only issue: The CPU load for Docker is not working properly.... Plex shows sometimes more then 100% (???) - i saw 221

and 504% - is it cpu-core related maybe? 🙂

The gray CPU-Bar exeed all infos to the right when it goes over 100%.

Highest value so far: 674% (!)

Edited by Zonediver
10 minutes ago, Zonediver said:

Upgraded from 6.5.3 - only issue: The CPU load for Docker is not working properly.... Plex shows sometimes more then 100% (???) - i saw 221

and 504% - is it cpu-core related maybe? 🙂

The gray CPU-Bar exeed all infos to the right when it goes over 100%.

Highest value so far: 674% (!)

my binhex/plexpass docker freezes every 10min now and requires a hard boot to get out of it since running 6.6.0 rc4 and still in 6.6.0

i cant back date to the previous one now if there a link i can use to load it? i am getting hammered with messages about my server being down. my fedora VM on the other server cant mount the drives to this server either

something about this new one unraid 6.6 doesnt like

6 hours ago, ruvil said:

Great news :D Just updated and it seems to work smoothly so far :)

Just wondering about one thing, I got the following message in my syslog:

What would be the easiest way to take action on this, IF it's needed?

Edit:

I also found one other weird thing:

I have one cache ssd on my server and at the current moment there was one ~20gb large file on that. I tried to invoke mover manually through the web interface first, but nothing happened. When i tried to invoke it through the terminal, by typing 'mover' nothing happened there too.

Usually when i invoked it through the web interface it gave me some sort of information that it was currently running, but not so much anymore. When i run it through the terminal it's the same thing. It just quits straight away, before it seemed to quite AFTER having done all the movements.

L1TF CPU bug present and SMT on, data leak possible.

See CVE-2018-3646 and https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/admin-guide/l1tf.html for details.

Kernel 4.18.9 has been released to address CVE. 

Maybe one more RC would have been good timing ;)

Edited by Dazog

An update to my previous post:

There were still issues with mover, no settings had been changed prior to the update which means it was working fine in 6.5.3.

That is why i decided to rollback to 6.5.3 and after that mover works just splendidly again, no issues.

I'll probably stick to 6.5.3 for just a little more...

The GUI is great - seems much snappier.  Well done guys. I've two questions...

1. Is there a way to revert to the default banner?  I'd customised mine, and want it back.  Guessing clicking the defaults button would do it once I've jotted down the current settings.

2. Is there a way to turn off the sticky/fixed header (and footer)?  Or at least only have the menu bar stick?  I sometimes need to access my system from mobiles or small screen laptops and things like dashboard menus on docker/VMs are displaying under the header (and off the top of the view).  Vertical space gets a bit restricted with things permanently on display.

I'll provide some screen grabs later if needed.

Cheers

8 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

1. Is there a way to revert to the default banner?  I'd customised mine, and want it back.  Guessing clicking the defaults button would do it once I've jotted down the current settings.

In Display Settings click on the delete (trash) icon of the banner image and it reverts to the default banner.

10 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

2. Is there a way to turn off the sticky/fixed header (and footer)?  Or at least only have the menu bar stick?  I sometimes need to access my system from mobiles or small screen laptops and things like dashboard menus on docker/VMs are displaying under the header (and off the top of the view).  Vertical space gets a bit restricted with things permanently on display.

Currently header and footer are fixed.

Personally I use a mobile phone with  6.4" screen and GUI fits without issues, but better mobile support is a plan for a future release.

6 minutes ago, bonienl said:

In Display Settings click on the delete (trash) icon of the banner image and it reverts to the default banner.

Currently header and footer are fixed.

Personally I use a mobile phone with  6.4" screen and GUI fits without issues, but better mobile support is a plan for a future release.

Thanks for getting back to me.

1. D'OH!  Late night last night.  Banner all reverted, thanks.

2. Cheers.  Just VPN'd on to get the attached screenshot - i'd made a mistake in that the menu is over the top of the header, but I'd previously been able to scroll up higher to force the menu to drop below.  Can't do that anymore.  I tend to work in landscape and have a Nexus 5X.  Not ideal, but sometimes it's the only option.  If the menu could go beside the icon if it crashes the viewport, it would solve it (I know I've done similar in jQuery, but not sure what you're working with).

Screenshot_20180920-095940.thumb.png.87a33c4d1c595e917db77560cf8968e3.png

As a side note, is it possible to make the title text below each docker/VM also bring up the menu?

Glad to hear you're working on mobile - that would be a huge  benefit (and undertaking - I'm currently porting my webapp sites to a Bootstrap structure for this reason).

54 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

If the menu could go beside the icon if it crashes the viewport, it would solve it

We use the third party jquery script "context" to generate the menu. This script calculates the position of the menu. AFAIK there is no newer version which performs a different positional calculation.

1 hour ago, Cessquill said:

is it possible to make the title text below each docker/VM also bring up the menu

Yes that is possible. I made an update for that.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, bonienl said:

We use the third party jquery script "context" to generate the menu. This script calculates the position of the menu. AFAIK there is no newer version which performs a different positional calculation.

Ahh, interesting.  Thinking about it, I'm likely to have used jQuery UI's menu and position utilities, not just straight jQuery.  Position has some quite clever collision options.  Thanks for your help.

4 hours ago, ruvil said:

An update to my previous post:

There were still issues with mover, no settings had been changed prior to the update which means it was working fine in 6.5.3.

That is why i decided to rollback to 6.5.3 and after that mover works just splendidly again, no issues.

I'll probably stick to 6.5.3 for just a little more...

Why didn't you give us a diagnostic to help with your problem?

My machine seems to be checking for docker and plugin updates every time the respective page loads. I don't mind the docker check but the plug in page is taking a long time to load. I do have each set to check once per day in settings>notifications. Is this the intended behavior, or can I configure the frequency of checks somewhere?

• limetech unfeatured and unpinned this topic