Unraid OS version 6.6.0 available

limetech

Upgrade all fine apart from... the gui is kinda balked. On reboot everything is fine and can access all the tabs. When i look the next day i get the unraid banner with tab options but no data in them, and i'm sure i'm missing docker? happened a few times now and i can't seem to find a gui restart so need to reboot server for it to work. Not ideal. (fyi.. this is a screen grab of the unit.. the white underneath is what's being displayed.. not me being rubbish at copy/paste)

Capture.PNG

Edited by djcslip

If its there, delete dynamix.plg from /config/plugins on the flash drive.  Other than that, when the system is in that state, either at the local keyboard / monitor or via SSH,

diagnostics

and then post the resulting file saved on the flash drive here.

Edited by Squid
On 10/5/2018 at 12:21 AM, djcslip said:

Upgrade all fine apart from... the gui is kinda balked. On reboot everything is fine and can access all the tabs. When i look the next day i get the unraid banner with tab options but no data in them, and i'm sure i'm missing docker? happened a few times now and i can't seem to find a gui restart so need to reboot server for it to work. Not ideal. (fyi.. this is a screen grab of the unit.. the white underneath is what's being displayed.. not me being rubbish at copy/paste)

Capture.PNG

To restart the GUI in 6.6 go to command line and execute these two commands

/etc/rc.d/rc.nginx restart

and

/etc/rc.d/rc.php-fpm restart

• 4 weeks later...

i just update to 6.6.3 and it looks great but I have a banner at the top of the page that says "System notifications are disabled. Click here to change notification settings" but as far as I can tell, I DO have system notifications enabled, and i don't see any way to make this banner go away.  any ideas?

3 hours ago, limetech said:

System Notifications, set that to at least 'Browser'

But you really want it set to email or some other agent so you will be notified when you have a problem immediately and not wait until you open the webUI possibly days or more after it happens. Many people have gotten themselves into a situation where they had multiple problems, which put their data at risk, because they didn't know they even had the first problem.

yes that is a very good call - I have done exactly that.  thank you.   After turing this on, I got a few alerts telling me that some of my disks were almost full.  I had several other disks that had lots of free space so I added those to the user shares that were filling up disks.

is there somethign I can do to move the file more evenly across the disks in the user share now that I have added the new disks?

5 hours ago, trurl said:

But you really want it set to email or some other agent so you will be notified when you have a problem immediately and not wait until you open the webUI possibly days or more after it happens. Many people have gotten themselves into a situation where they had multiple problems, which put their data at risk, because they didn't know they even had the first problem.

Yes!  I created a separate email account just for this purpose.  It sends the alerts to my regular email.  But I have a full history of all messages in the dedicated account.