Verifying Raid 0 vs IT Mode JBOD

Hi All,

I need a basic clarification on the following. I have a Dell H200 on a R710. The H200 is currently with the IR firmware, and I'm trying to cross-flash it to IT mode. After the cross-flashing I can verify that it's indeed cross-flashed with the correct IT firmware. I was wondering from Unraid's standpoint is there a way to distinguish the following two scenarios: a single hard drive in RAID 0 exposed as a single virtual drive or the same single hard drive in the IT mode exposed to Unraid. In addition to the checking the firmware version, I was thinking of verifying this from the OS standpoint also. Any ideas?

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, sibi78 said:

Hi All,

I need a basic clarification on the following. I have a Dell H200 on a R710. The H200 is currently with the IR firmware, and I'm trying to cross-flash it to IT mode. After the cross-flashing I can verify that it's indeed cross-flashed with the correct IT firmware. I was wondering from Unraid's standpoint is there a way to distinguish the following two scenarios: a single hard drive in RAID 0 exposed as a single virtual drive or the same single hard drive in the IT mode exposed to Unraid. In addition to the checking the firmware version, I was thinking of verifying this from the OS standpoint also. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Most likely the lack of SMART for the RAID config. Even JBOD non-IT usually doesn't send SMART data downstream.