Upgraded and made some changes. Dockers disappeared. What did I do wrong?

Fffrank

I'm still in my trial (aka I'm a mega newbie) but I've been figuring things out with Unraid and really like the product.

I've been spending the last week getting my dockers setup and configured.  Today I upgraded to 6.6.0 and everything went well.  Rebooted and everything came back up perfectly.  Then I decided that since all my data had been moved over and my dockers were humming along without issue, I'd take the time to stop the array, add parity and cache devices and then bring the array back up.  It seems to have worked perfectly -- except that once my array came back up, all of my dockers except 1 (Unifi) just disappeared from the dashboard.  They didn't start, they don't show up -- it's like they never existed.

I understand: shit happens.  But.... what did I do wrong and how could/should I have backed up these containers?

Likely it's using a different docker image, check the array for the original docker image, and either point the docker image to the correct path using the disk, not user, e.g. /mnt/disk1/system/docker.img, and then check that it's working, if yes move it to cache (after deleting the other one) and after it's done change the docker to point using /mnt/cache, not /mnt/user.

Alternative just recreate the image, you can keep your dockers using the previous apps feature.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Likely it's using a different docker image, check the array for the original docker image, and either point the docker image to the correct path using the disk, not user, e.g. /mnt/disk1/system/docker.img, and then check that it's working, if yes move it to cache (after deleting the other one) and after it's done change the docker to point using /mnt/cache, not /mnt/user.

Alternative just recreate the image, you can keep your dockers using the previous apps feature.

In my Settings | Docker I have this:

Docker vDisk location:
/mnt/user/system/docker/docker.img
Default appdata storage location:
/mnt/user/appdata/

I've now changed both system and appdata shares to be Cache: Only.  Will Unraid move the existing data from the array to the cache and keep it there or do I need to do something manually? 

Interestingly enough, the one docker image that is already in cache is the one that is showing up:

gswz7HE.jpg

How should I go about recreating my docker.img?  I understand once that is done I can recreate my apps with the previous apps feature.

Edited by Fffrank
3 hours ago, Fffrank said:
Docker vDisk location:
/mnt/user/system/docker/docker.img
/mnt/user/appdata/

After moving the appdata to cache and before or after recreating the docker image change these paths to:

Docker vDisk location:
/mnt/cache/system/docker/docker.img
/mnt/cache/appdata/