Mover Skipping Files / Not Moving From Cache To Array

MrPotter

Hello all,

I've seen various posts around this issue before, but my issue isn't able to be resolved with what I have found.

My main share "plexroot" is setup to use a cache disk, and it is set to "YES" and not "prefer." What's happening is I go to manually run the mover and this what my log is showing.

move: move: skip /mnt/cache/plexroot/plexroot/TV/<file>.mkv

Each time I try to copy of the cache every file is skipped. I have no idea what I could be missing but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Edited by MrPotter

Turns out I was able to isolate and resolve the problem with the help of a fellow UNRAID user. The torrents I was trying to move were active in a docker container. Once I stopped the rTorrent docker and invoked Mover all files processed as intended. I'd love for there to be a way to have the active files moved, but that most likely is not possible for all sorts of reasons. Thank you for the interest in my issue @trurl

2 hours ago, MrPotter said:

I'd love for there to be a way to have the active files moved, but that most likely is not possible for all sorts of reasons.

If something has a file open, then of course it can't be moved. Simple as that.

This comes up in other ways, such as when someone first adds a cache disk to a system that already has dockers running on it. Normally docker image and appdata would live on cache, but they are already on the array somewhere since they were created without a cache disk. And mover can't move them even though they are in User Shares that are set to be moved to cache (cache-prefer), because the Docker Service is running. So some manual intervention is required.