Getting the right CPU & MB?

casperse

Hi All

Since allot of people using unRaid also is running Plex, I believe this is the right forum to ask this question in...

Also I am really impressed by the forum supporters like @johnnie.black and others to help the "newbies"

So I have tried to gather as much information as possible to help you help me built this 😉

image.png.c7779b8a9839ee8e28f90e2c90dd9107.png

First requirements:

image.png.a09e3fbf3a3d999fe6e47b588cf337c3.png

I tried to make a table of all the CPU's but it didn't really help me, because the MB is also a very important factor and I dont know alot about Xeons

Update: The Passmark [20.000] was without the Quadro P2000 for Plex! so I think it can be lower now

image.thumb.png.bfc3f138410ac124e86a6ca79667f357.png

My personal input to my research is that if I don't need ECC ram? and IPMI support? and if Intel's Core i9 9900K is supported by ESXi?

Then I might be better of waiting for that to launch? on the other hand Xeon is lower power and sort of built for this virtual Home Lab?

As always I highly appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experiences 👍

BTW: I am currently running a Synology server with 24 drives so this would also be a test to see if I could move everything over to this multi-platform?

Best regards

Casperse

Edited by casperse
missing