some posts have dark background when using lite theme

wgstarks

It happens when someone wants to change their post text to make it stand out, or copies rich text that includes background information.

I can't think of a good way to "fix" this. Maybe someone with more web developer background has some ideas, but for now the best I can think to do is inform people that their posts aren't readable in both themes, and let them edit their content accordingly.

10 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Really stands out in the email notifications.🙄

Yep. Copying and pasting keeps most if not all of the original formatting of the copied text. This problem is worst now that there are light and dark themes.

Best way around this right now is to Copy and then "Paste as Plain Text". Most users won't do this though.

@jonp might have some control in the editor options of the forum software to automatically filter out some of the underlying HTML when users copy and paste into the text editor. I've seen this problem 100's of times with various forum and website CMS software.

I'm aware of it so I always paste as plain text so the viewers get a proper formatted post.

On 9/26/2018 at 7:02 AM, GHunter said:

Yep. Copying and pasting keeps most if not all of the original formatting of the copied text. This problem is worst now that there are light and dark themes.

Best way around this right now is to Copy and then "Paste as Plain Text". Most users won't do this though.

@jonp might have some control in the editor options of the forum software to automatically filter out some of the underlying HTML when users copy and paste into the text editor. I've seen this problem 100's of times with various forum and website CMS software.

I'm aware of it so I always paste as plain text so the viewers get a proper formatted post.

I toggled a setting in IPS to always paste text as Plain Text as opposed to Rich HTML.  I agree that this is the best solution for this problem right now.  Unfortunately it won't fix any posts retroactively.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1