Help compiling k10temp for lm-sensors (AMD)

Hello all,

Ran a sensors-detect (after installing perl via unMENU - Thanks!) and it came up with 2 issues: it87 and a note about pending AMD K10 thermal sensors.

I'm a little clueless regarding the it87 (the lm-sensors.org device wiki - http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices) says that it was built-into the kernel since versions prior to unRAID's 2.6.32.9 kernel), but am close to the resolution of the K10 thermal sensors.

Since it appears that support for my CPUs' sensors was introduced in a later kernel than what unRAID is currently using (same lm-sensors device wiki url as before), I'm now working to get it running on my AMD X4 build, so that I can access more detailed information regarding my server's health.

To that end, I am in the process of building my own development environment, but that too is an experience for me, and is well, slow-going :).  So I was wondering in the mean time if someone would be kind enough to compile the k10temp kernel module using the source located here:

http://khali.linux-fr.org/devel/misc/k10temp/

thx!

:)

I actually tried both.

No go:

root@AJs_Unraid:~# modprobe k8temp
FATAL: Module k8temp not found.
root@AJs_Unraid:~# modprobe k10temp
FATAL: Module k10temp not found.

I'm pretty sure I at least don't have k10temp, as it's supposed to have been included from 2.6.33+ of the kernel.  I was trying to compile it myself but ran into some issues that I suspected was because unRAID has been pared down, which was the reason for my request to see if anyone had some free time and could compile it for me :)

I'm pretty sure I at least don't have k10temp, as it's supposed to have been included from 2.6.33+ of the kernel.

Just because something is included in a generic stock Linux kernel, does not mean it is in the unRAID kernel... the unRAID kernel has a lot of stuff stripped out of it to save space.

did you try

modprobe it87

sensors

I've tried that as well:

root@AJs_Unraid:~# modprobe it87
FATAL: Module it87 not found.

sensors gives me:

No sensors found!
Make sure you loaded all the kernel drivers you need.
Try sensors-detect to find out which these are.

sensors-detect:
[#----cut here----
# Chip drivers
# Warning: the required module it87 is not currently installed
# on your system. For status of 2.6 kernel ports check
# http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices. If driver is built
# into the kernel, or unavailable, comment out the following line.
modprobe it87
# no driver for AMD K10 thermal sensors yet
/usr/bin/sensors -s
#----cut here----

I'm sorry for the confusion, I should have stated this from the get-go.  I'm running:

unRAID 4.5.6

uname -r:

2.6.32.9-unRAID

The main additional things I've installed are:

PS3 Media Server

Air-Video (non-unMENU)

avahi

sabnzbd+sickbeard

--

Various unMENU packages

btw, this may be totally unrelated, but one of the reasons I thought that I needed a full dev install to compile was because while perusing some of the directories involved in compiling k10temp, I came across broken links.  I thought that was b/c unRAID pared away a lot of unnecessary files... For example, both:

/lib/modules/2.6.32.9-unRAID/build

and

/lib/modules/2.6.32.9-unRAID/source

appear red in my Mac OS X Terminal and 'cd'-ing to them gives me a "no such file or dir" error.  Is that normal?  Or did I somehow hose my install?

AND btw, thank you very much for you time & patience with this!

I'm sorry, I don't have a spare usb flash (yah, i know...  you probably thought I wrote my last post incorrectly, but I was being serious - never saw the need with storage being cheap and me being around fast internet 95% of the time :)...).  So short of deleting my existing unRAID, I'll have to wait until I can get my hands on one.