Unraid OS version 6.6.1 available

limetech

To upgrade:

• If you are running any 6.4 or later release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Tools/Update OS page.
  • If you are running a pre-6.4 release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Plugins page.
  • If the above doesn't work, navigate to Plugins/Install Plugin, select/copy/paste this plugin URL and click Install:
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer.plg

Refer also to @ljm42 excellent 6.4 Update Notes which are helpful especially if you are upgrading from a pre-6.4 release.

BIOS: Especially if using Virtual Machines, we highly recommend keeping your motherboard bios up-to-date.

Bugs: If you discover a bug or other issue in this release, please open a Stable Releases Bug Report.

Version 6.6.1 2018-09-27

Base distro:

• fuse: version 2.9.8
  • hwloc: version 1.11.0

Linux kernel:

• version 4.18.10
    • CONFIG_CIFS_SMB311: SMB3.1.1 network file system support [note this is for client connections]
    • CONFIG_CRYPTO_DEV_SP_PSP: Platform Security Processor (PSP) device [turned back on since Threadripper issued fixed]

Management:

• emhttp: Fixed: initial NFS export of a share did not result in immediate update of /etc/exports file.
  • update smartmontools drivedb and hwdata/{pci.ids,usb.ids,oui.txt,manuf.txt}
  • webgui: Docker: cap cpu+memory load at 100%
  • webgui: Dashboard: add context menu to both image and title
  • webgui: Adjusted font size
  • webgui: Style corrections
  • webgui: Use PHP version_compare to check Unraid versions
  • webgui: Make font sizes relative
  • webgui: Updated buttons styling
  • webgui: Shadox box styling update
  • webgui: New display setting: "Custom header text color"
  • Like 1
42 minutes ago, limetech said:

webgui: Adjusted font size

I know this is a can't win situation for you guys, but I preferred the old font size, the new size barely shows any more info, not even enough for an extra disk on the main page, It's just more white space and smaller letters, though I don't mind using the browser zoom if I need to, just giving my opinion.

Also still find the buttons too large, maybe if they weren't all caps.

3 minutes ago, -Daedalus said:

Before it gets buried too much:

I saw in the 6.6.0 thread, some people needed to delete dynamix.plg to get the webUI showing properly. 

Is there anything specific that's been noted previously we should watch out for with this update?

If you install via Tools/Update OS then any legacy dynamix.plg file should get deleted during the install process.

2 minutes ago, -Daedalus said:

some people needed to delete dynamix.plg to get the webUI showing properly. 

Theoretically that should only apply if you are doing the upgrade manually by overwriting the bz* files from a downloaded zip. As long as you run the update os script from the tools page you should be fine.

2 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

I know this is a can't win situation for you guys, but I preferred the old font size, the new size barely shows any more info, not even enough for an extra disk on the main page, It's just more white space and smaller letters, though I don't mind using the browser zoom if I need to, just giving my opinion.

A work in process....

• Like 1
3 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

I like the smaller font hah... Like you said they can't win for stuff like that.

WOW - That was wicket fast!   My main server is now updated.  Initial look, very happy. Nice work! 

I have not yet confirmed NFS functionality, but the VMs are working great, docker pinning is fantastic :)

And you guys have made rolling back so easy that if NFS isn't working, no big deal for the short term, so not at all worried if it has an issue atm. 

What is Compute All under Shares?

Minor notes for the work in progress at some point...

Grey is - impossible to read on my laptop screen (contrast issue)

Black is damn near flawless.  Super great to look at.  Would like ability to change the top all whiteish header to something darker as 99% of my viewtime in the gui is very late at night in a dark room.  Even that burnt burgendy on the left hand side of the command box outlines would be stellar.  

I just updated from 6.5.1 (via Tools -> Update OS) and am unable to load the webgui (get 502 Bad Gateway error).

I am able to ssh into the system.  Welcome troubleshooting steps

EDIT:  SOLVED

DevPack was the culprit

Edited by ogi
58 minutes ago, gzibell said:

Anything in this version address realtek nic issues? Had to roll my server back from 6.6.0 to 6.5.3 as I kept losing all network connectivity.

Hold out hope for this or should I just order up an Intel nic?

Were I you, if I had an available slot I'd get an Intel nic that has (known) good Linux support.  Intel has an important reputation that they need to maintain, more-so than Realtek.   I don't know a single person that looks specifically for Realtek nics when building something mission critical.  Probably not what you want to hear, I know, but I've been using an Intel nic in Unraid since about 2012 (82574L) without any real issues (jumbo frames seem not to work in Unraid). 

A card with the same chipset can be had for less than $20 USD via ebay.

SMB file transfer show a lot improvement, transfer a 40GB file to array, speed stable ~ 145MB/s and no pause ( SMB view ), "STATS" graph also show much stable write curve.

Does bacause fuse: version 2.9.8 ?

😭😱

** Edit : 2nd test during memory cache full, speed even higher, tradition mechanical disk **

123.png

456.png

Edited by Benson
1 hour ago, bonienl said:

Font size is now made relative to the default browser font size. In your browser settings you can make the default font size bigger or smaller to adjust to your liking.

Yes, but I believe the browser font size affects all sites, while zoom is just for the selected site, and I like the normal size for the other pages, for some reason the new font used looks kind of fuzzy for me, I didn't have this issue with the old font.

Insider tip.
The css theme files use a scaling percentage to set the root font size from which all other sizes are taken.
html{font-family:clear-sans;font-size:62.5%;height:100%}

Change 62.5% to ~70% and you are back to the font size of 6.6.0

Thanks, will try that.

Maybe this isn't easy to do but if you could have like a small, normal, large base font setting each user could choose the one they like.
  • Like 2
35 minutes ago, Benson said:

SMB file transfer show a lot improvement, transfer a 40GB file to array, speed stable ~ 145MB/s and no pause ( SMB view ), "STATS" graph also show much stable write curve.

Does bacause fuse: version 2.9.8 ?

😭😱

** Edit : 2nd test during memory cache full, speed even higher, tradition mechanical disk **

123.png

456.png

Your server RAM will be used as write cache.  How much RAM do you have??  I assume this is with turbo write turned on?

Are you using 10gbit networking between the source of the file and the dest on the server?

40 minutes ago, tr0910 said:

Your server RAM will be used as write cache.  How much RAM do you have??  I assume this is with turbo write turned on?

Are you using 10gbit networking between the source of the file and the dest on the server?

48GB + TBW ON + 10Gb network, those ready for some period, but today it work expect. ( Will do more test )

Edited by Benson
  • limetech unfeatured and unpinned this topic