Libvirt Service failed to start

isaacery

3 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Now it's a different issue than before, the image is corrupt:

Mar 25 11:14:57 CrusherJoe kernel: BTRFS error (device loop3): bad tree block start, want 30408704 have 0

Restore from backup then boot again is safe mode.

I'm not sure what I should restore. The Flash drive?

1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

The libvirt.img, you wrote above that you restored it before so I assumed you have a backup.

That seems to have worked! Although what's weird is that it only shows the one VM and all of this started when I created another VM and then downloaded the new VirtIO. Is there anything I could have done to have caused this or anything I can do to prevent this? I do need to either build or import that existing VM again.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
5 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

loop2 is the docker image, and it's corrupt so it needs to be recreated, because of the log spam can't see the problem with libvirt, but most likely it's because cache is completely full, free up some space, reboot to clear the logs and if still issues post new diags.

A reboot resolved the docket error.  Lost all my VMware sessions but the images are still there at least. When I got off create a new image it threw the screenshot below. After I cycled the vm manager it tossed the liberty message. 

89B98995-E7E7-4736-AA2B-E7D4B147CFD3.png

tower-diagnostics-20210318-0740.zip

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I just lost my VM with a Libvirt Service failed to start. error.

I am a complete noob at VM, I have been running Homeassistant as a docker for years, moved to the VM HA OS about 2 months ago, loved it.

Last night it died, I am sure that it wasn't a natural death, that I did something stupid and killed it accidently.

I am posting my diagnostic.

BTW I just tried to restore my VM from a backup but neglected to write down the format of the name, that was done after the Libvirt Service failed to start. so it is not the cause. However if the format is not accurate please feel free to correct my stupidity.

Than you 

Chas

tower-diagnostics-20220308-0730.zip

• 11 months later...
On 1/20/2022 at 7:15 AM, Squid said:

Here's why

Jan 19 19:49:13 Enderman root: /usr/sbin/libvirtd: error: Unable to initialize network sockets. Check /var/log/messages or run without --daemon for more info.

I'm not a network guy, but something looks like it changed (br0 not available???)

My unraid system crashed overnight and I got this error message this morning. A reboot didn't fix it

• 3 months later...
49 minutes ago, Smeraldo44 said:

Hello everyone,

I was trying to pass a SATA connected DVD drive to my Win10 VM, unfortunately I made a mistake and now when I tried to start the VM I got the error:
"internal error: Process exited prior to exec: libvirt: error : prctl failed to enable 'sys_rawio' in the AMBIENT set: Operation not permitted"
Can anyone help me?
Attached is the dignostic file

angelsserver-diagnostics-20230531-1828.zip 121.54 kB · 1 download

Edit vm and switch to XML view. Scroll down to the bottom and review this section.

<hostdev type="scsi" mode="subsystem" rawio="yes" managed="no">
<source>
<adapter name="scsi_host12"/>
<address unit="0" bus="0" target="0"/>
</source>
<readonly/>
<address type="drive" unit="0" bus="0" target="0" controller="0"/>
</hostdev>

• 3 weeks later...

I Head this Issue multiple times on 6.11.5. Now i'm in 6.12 and i have the same Error.

I notice this Error first when i try to start a VM.

I get this Error

Fehler bei der Ausführung
internal error: Child process (LC_ALL=C PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin HOME=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/domain-3-Download XDG_DATA_HOME=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/domain-3-Download/.local/share XDG_CACHE_HOME=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/domain-3-Download/.cache XDG_CONFIG_HOME=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/domain-3-Download/.config /usr/local/sbin/qemu -name guest=Download,debug-threads=on -S -object '{"qom-type":"secret","id":"masterKey0","format":"raw","file":"/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/domain-3-Download/master-key.aes"}' -blockdev '{"driver":"file","filename":"/usr/share/qemu/ovmf-x64/OVMF_CODE-pure-efi.fd","node-name":"libvirt-pflash0-storage","auto-read-only":true,"discard":"unmap"}' -blockdev '{"node-name":"libvirt-pflash0-format","read-only":true,"driver":"raw","file":"libvirt-pflash0-storage"}' -blockdev '{"driver":"file","filename":"/etc/libvirt/qemu/nvram/6e020ca2-7a5b-083b-d816-b9a117abfeee_VARS-pure-efi.fd","node-name":"libvirt-pflash1-storage","auto-read-only":true,"discard":"unmap"}' -blockdev '{"node-name":"libvirt-pflash1-format","read-only":false,"driver":"raw","file":"libvirt-pflash1-storage"}' -machine pc-i440fx-7.1,usb=off,dump-guest-core=off,mem-merge=off,memory-backend=pc.ram,pflash0=libvirt-pflash0-format,pflash1=libvirt-pflash1-format -accel kvm -cpu host,migratable=on,hv-time=on,hv-relaxed=on,hv-vapic=on,hv-spinlocks=0x1fff,hv-vendor-id=none,host-cache-info=on,l3-cache=off -m 4096 -object '{"qom-type":"memory-backend-ram","id":"pc.ram","size":4294967296}' -overcommit mem-lock=off -smp 4,sockets=1,dies=1,cores=2,threads=2 -uuid 6e020ca2-7a5b-083b-d816-b9a117abfeee -no-user-config -nodefaults -chardev socket,id=charmonitor,fd=36,server=on,wait=off -mon chardev=charmonitor,id=monitor,mode=control -rtc base=localtime -no-hpet -no-shutdown -boot strict=on -device '{"driver":"ich9-usb-ehci1","id":"usb","bus":"pci.0","addr":"0x7.0x7"}' -device '{"driver":"ich9-usb-uhci1","masterbus":"usb.0","firstport":0,"bus":"pci.0","multifunction":true,"addr":"0x7"}' -device '{"driver":"ich9-usb-uhci2","masterbus":"usb.0","firstport":2,"bus":"pci.0","addr":"0x7.0x1"}' -device '{"driver":"ich9-usb-uhci3","masterbus":"usb.0","firstport":4,"bus":"pci.0","addr":"0x7.0x2"}' -device '{"driver":"virtio-serial-pci","id":"virtio-serial0","bus":"pci.0","addr":"0x4"}' -blockdev '{"driver":"file","filename":"/mnt/user/domains/Download/vdisk1.img","node-name":"libvirt-2-storage","cache":{"direct":false,"no-flush":false},"auto-read-only":true,"discard":"unmap"}' -blockdev '{"node-name":"libvirt-2-format","read-only":false,"cache":{"direct":false,"no-flush":false},"driver":"raw","file":"libvirt-2-storage"}' -device '{"driver":"virtio-blk-pci","bus":"pci.0","addr":"0x5","drive":"libvirt-2-format","id":"virtio-disk2","bootindex":1,"write-cache":"on"}' -blockdev '{"driver":"file","filename":"/mnt/user/isos/virtio-win-0.1.229-1.iso","node-name":"libvirt-1-storage","auto-read-only":true,"discard":"unmap"}' -blockdev '{"node-name":"libvirt-1-format","read-only":true,"driver":"raw","file":"libvirt-1-storage"}' -device '{"driver":"ide-cd","bus":"ide.0","unit":1,"drive":"libvirt-1-format","id":"ide0-0-1"}' -netdev tap,fd=37,id=hostnet0 -device '{"driver":"virtio-net","netdev":"hostnet0","id":"net0","mac":"52:54:00:a5:a4:07","bus":"pci.0","addr":"0x3"}' -chardev pty,id=charserial0 -device '{"driver":"isa-serial","chardev":"charserial0","id":"serial0","index":0}' -chardev socket,id=charchannel0,fd=35,server=on,wait=off -device '{"driver":"virtserialport","bus":"virtio-serial0.0","nr":1,"chardev":"charchannel0","id":"channel0","name":"org.qemu.guest_agent.0"}' -device '{"driver":"usb-tablet","id":"input0","bus":"usb.0","port":"1"}' -audiodev '{"id":"audio1","driver":"none"}' -vnc 0.0.0.0:0,websocket=5700,audiodev=audio1 -k de -device '{"driver":"qxl-vga","id":"video0","max_outputs":1,"ram_size":67108864,"vram_size":67108864,"vram64_size_mb":0,"vgamem_mb":16,"bus":"pci.0","addr":"0x2"}' -device '{"driver":"virtio-balloon-pci","id":"balloon0","bus":"pci.0","addr":"0x6"}' -sandbox on,obsolete=deny,elevateprivileges=deny,spawn=deny,resourcecontrol=deny -msg timestamp=on) unexpected exit status 1

When i Then stop the VM manager and start it again.
it won't start. And i get in the system Protokol this Error:

root: '/mnt/user/system/libvirt/libvirt.img' is in-use, cannot mount

After a restart of the server all works again but restarting every 3 days is weird.

I tried also to delete libvirt.img over the VM-manager but no Effect.

I'm getting this message any time I stop and start the VM manager.

With a reboot It starts fine.  But if I disable VM's and then enable VM's, libvirt doesn't start and there is nothing in the 

/var/log/libvirt/libvirtd.log file.

Where can I look to debug this?  

This all started when I started playing with "Virtual Machine Wake On Lan"  

I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to start a VM with WOL.

Now I have no idea if this is connected.  I don't remember the last time I had to disable/enable the VM's

And I would like to get the WOL for VM's working..  But that's a separate thread! lol

Jim

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello folks, I have a similar problem: after a power outage my VM does not appear, it is turned on, but not working completely. Network and USB devices do not work.
If I disable and re-enable the VMs, I get "Libvirt Service failed to start.".
I tried rebooting the system, deleting libvirt.img and recreating the VM but I still have the same problem.
I don't have any logs on logterminal/libvirt.

What can I do?
I attach the diagnostic file

Thanks in advance
Terafil

microserver-diagnostics-20240112-1057.zip

Screenshot 2024-01-12 111343.png

Screenshot 2024-01-12 111132.png

Edited by terafil
Adding screenshots