Trial installation now won't boot

ought74

Hello all,

Could anybody please advise me.

I have a trial installation of UNRAID set up with all my backed-up photos. I have not used it for a few weeks but when I went to boot it yesterday, with the plan to register and back-up some more photos it would not boot.

I am running it on an HP Proliant Microserver.

I have tried booting it normally and in safe mode with GUI.

I have tried recreating the USB with my config folder copied back, minus the 2 password files (smbpasswd  and  shadow) as it seemed easier. I have done this on the original USB and on a second (admittedly old) stick.

Please take a look at the 2 screen shots. Sorry one is not very clear. The blurry one is the normal boot, the other is with the GUI in safe mode.

Any help would be most gratefully received. I really would like to be able to get to my photos!!

thank you, Stephen

IMG_20180928_094103.jpg

IMG_20180928_094351.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. Sorry to be so slow following this up but we have been away.

I have had time to try again and have done the memory test and check disk. Both seem fine.

I have tried a third memory stick with an earlier installation of unRAID, 6.5.3.

It still won't work. It also won't work on another HP Proliant server I have. Could it be anything to do with the AMD64 chip?

Please see the latest screen photo here. Any more ideas please?

2018-10-15 at 21.29.51.jpeg

1 hour ago, ought74 said:

Could it be anything to do with the AMD64 chip?

I did have a similar error recently trying to boot my work Unraid flash drive (which I know was and is working properly) on a AMD E based netbook to check SMART, I even tried v6.5.3 and it was the same, but I do use an AMD 64 X2 CPU at work, so it's not an AMD issue in general but it could be an issue for some AMD CPUs and/or chipsets.

6 hours ago, ought74 said:

I really want to be able to get to my 10+ years of backed up photos!!

Since you say these are backups I assume you still have another copy somewhere. In any case, if for some reason you can't get Unraid going on this computer, the individual disks can be read on any Linux system. And you can probably get Unraid going on another system without these problems and easily move these disks over with data intact.

• 2 weeks later...